Micro Cube review by Roland

Roland: Micro Cube

Purchased from: guitar center

I don't use any pickups yet, saving up the dough. This thing can play almost any style. The Micro Cube can get crazy loud, if you really crank the sound up that amp can reach volumes that compare with a Vox. It's a two watt amp. The dstortion is good. I like that the distortion doesn't go up when you turn the volume up.

Like I said I mostly play hard rock. This amp is great for playing my style. This is my 4th year playing. I hook this amp up to a Fender tornado. If my amp were stolen I wouldint have enough money to get another amp, but if I did I would probibly get it again. I love how this amp sounds. I wish this amp were bigger so I could make the whole world hear me jam. It would be like a world wide free concert. Now isn't that nice.

It would depend on the gig but if is were some small gig down town. I would defenatly take the amp with me. I wouldin't use it for a concert. I've only had the amp for 2 months, so far I haven't had any problems with it breaking down. I don't really neglect the amp so I don't see why it would break.

This amp has a 2003 copywright. This amp can play so many styels in so many different ways. I mostly play hard rock, AcDc metalica This amp has a single channel. It has 6 effects. It has a headphone/rec out jack. This amp has 7 main settings: acoustic, JC clean,, black panel, brit combo, classic stack, R-fier my favorite, best for more hard rock. This amp also has a mic setting. You can take this amp any where it can run on a few AA batteries or of course there is the AC plug-in.

scalemaster
    it will play A440 for you, or switch the button and it will play A or even Abb (B).
    Abb (A flat flat) is not B. good guess though. Abb == G
    aksak
    A tip for you guys (I posted a similar one for the Cube 20X as I own that other amp too): the Micro Cube users' guide is more than poor regarding possible settings. I recommend you to go to Roland Germany webpage, to the Products (in German, Produkte) section, then to the Guitar products (in German, Gitarrenprodukte) section and then to the Roland Micro Cube sub-section. There, by clicking on Soundliste, you get access to a PDF file with a list of settings of your Micro Cube amp according to the style of various famous guitar players (Knopfler, BB King, SR Vaughan, etc...). Even if you don't speak German, you should be able to manage. Enjoy it! http://www.rolandmusik.de/hauptseite.sht...