Micro Cube review by Roland

Roland: Micro Cube

Purchased from: Cosmo's Music

I am using a Ibanez GSZ120 pluged directly into this amp and the sound is increable and increbly loud for only 15 watts all the amp models do there job perfectly (the amp models range from acoustic sim. which isnt half bad to rectifier which is my personal favorite there is also a JC-120 clean model a black panel model which is good for softer rock and other clean parts and a brit combo with bright overdrive and crunch that's great for blues/rock and a classic stack which is very good for a solid state amp). So basicly you can get any sound imagainable but sadly in can't quite get loud enuf for a band practice and defintnly not a gig.

I play mainly Rock and Metal but from time to time I play a little blues or classic rock and it's perfect for it no question! this is my first real amp before this I was using a 0 Watt peice of junk if this was lost or stolen I would most definitly get it again and it was such a good price! I compared this to a few other amps of this size and they jus couldnt compare I think this was a great purchase and it suits my style of playing perfectly!

You can really depend on this amp I have droped in about 4 feet on concreate and it is now a faded memorie because the amp works perfectly and not a scratch or dent on it. I wouldn't gig with this amp on account of it being small but everything is great for playing along with songs or jaming with some friends.

This amp is small yet, very powerful. It's a 15 watt solid state amp that can play virtually anything it has 6 amp models and a mic setting (which comes in handy) a tuning fork which plays A, A flat, or A double flat has one tone knob a effects knob with chorus, flanger and tremelo and seprate knob with delay and reverb, reverb is great but delay in my opinion is a little to short. Also the Micro-cube can run on battries or a AC adapter (included) also 2 aux in plugs and a recording out/headphones.

iVeR
    aksak : A tip for you guys (I posted a similar one for the Cube 20X as I own that other amp too): the Micro Cube users' guide is more than poor regarding possible settings. I recommend you to go to Roland Germany webpage, to the Products (in German, Produkte) section, then to the Guitar products (in German, Gitarrenprodukte) section and then to the Roland Micro Cube sub-section. There, by clicking on Soundliste, you get access to a PDF file with a list of settings of your Micro Cube amp according to the style of various famous guitar players (Knopfler, BB King, SR Vaughan, etc...). Even if you don't speak German, you should be able to manage. Enjoy it! http://www.rolandmusik.de/hauptseite.sht... wow thanks! that's awesome