Micro Cube review by Roland

Roland: Micro Cube

I am using a Fender MIM HSS Stratocaster with the stock pickups. I usually play classic rock, hard rock, blues, and I dabble in metal and progressive. This amp can handle all of these styles. It can be loud, but only use it for a practice amp. The amp modeling and effects will keep you mixing things up for hours. It has a seven way selector for the amp modeling knob: acoustic (it's acoustic), JC clean (jazz chorus), black panel (clean sound), Brit combo (very punchy tone), classic stack (classic rock with a side of distortion), r-fier (shredding), and mic. Six effects: tremolo, flanger, phaser, delay, reverb, and chorus. It can also has gain, master volume, and tone knobs to add even more variety to the sounds possible.

I have been playing for two years now, and other than my Strat I own a Dunlop Original Wah pedal. I would re buy this amp if it was stolen from me three times I love it so much. I love the versatility that was missing in my previous amp, and I honestly do not hate a thing about this amp. My favorite feature is the amp modeling specifically the classic stack which gives me that classic hard rock tone I love. As the saying goes, big things come in small packages!

It is very well built, it feels like if I dropped it from a roof it would stay together. It has not failed me yet. Very reliable. I would not use this amp for a gig; I would only use it for a practice amp. Although, since it does work on batteries; it would be perfect for playing around a campus, on a street corner, on a boat, on a roof, catch my drift.

I bought mine in 2008. This is a very versatile amp that fits all of my styles very well. I play all forms of rock and some metal along with the blues. There is only one channel, but it is really all you need. No effect loops, but it does have a headphone jack along with mp3 jack, built in tuning fork that gives you A-Abb for easy tuning, and it takes batteries. For the price I paid there is nothing that I wish it had, and there are no featurs that go unused. I use this amp for practice only. Loaded with features for an affordable price.

CryingAlone
    i want this thing sooooo bad... is it better then the 15w practice amp i got with my epi special 2? because i really want this thing especially the battery running part... im going to save for it i think. can i get muse tone with it?
    rockeraz
    ANYONE WHO WANTS TO BUY THIS AMP i am selling mine used on ebay in completely like new condition with little wear and tear and it still sounds and functions like new. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie... eName=STRK:MESEX:IT&item=280219570470&_trksid=p3984.cSELL.m3 15.lVI Thats the link