Micro Cube review by Roland

Roland: Micro Cube

Purchased from: sound control

When I use the Roland Micro Cube I most times use it with a Fender Stratocaster but sometimes I do use it with my Epiphone SG Special but they both sound great with it. It does get a little noisy when you put it on R-Fier but when you put the gain under five it is fine, I can get the sound of Allen Collins with it but it's not exactly the right sound. There are chorus, flanger, phaser and tremolo on it that sound pretty good considering it is a very small amp.

I play southern rock style of music and it's brilliant for what my style is, I have been playing for a year and a half and it has never broken down on me. I don't really wish I had asked anything before buying this product. If it was stolen from me I would probably get the same one because it is brilliant. I love how I get can the right sound of my style but I hate that it could be a bit more louder, my favourite feature is the effects because they sound fantastic. It does not really compare to any other products' that I saw when I was buying this brilliant amp.

I can defiantly depend on it because it is very reliable to me, If I went to a gig with it I would have to get a backup because it is not loud enough for a gig, but if it did have enough watts I would take it to a gig but not take a backup with me because I trust it to be great to me.

It is pretty good when it comes to putting in the sound you want, there are seven channels on it that you can switch from one to another, and there is tuning fork, tone, sound effects, delay/reverb, gain and volume. It comes with a lead to plug in it or you can just put batteries in it so you don't have a cable, both are the same. It lasts for a long time and sounds as good because I have had it for over a year now and it's brilliant.