Micro Cube review by Roland

Roland: Micro Cube

Purchased from: ebay

I use acoustic guitars with active pickup systems for just walking around. Don't forget to change the 9V battery in your guitar before the venue. Mostly I use the clean settings, but sometimes I use the Brit Combo and Classic stack when I want to grunge things up a bit. Remember, it's hard to make an electric instrument sound like an acoustic, but it's much easier the other way around.

I play mainly singer-songwriter-acoustic stuff. This amp is great for that. Remember, the sound comes out of the musician, rather than the guitar or the amp. I've been playing for 40+ years now and I can't think of another amp of this size that fit the bill so well. I used to play a Pignose, but it didn't have any effects, ate batteries for lunch and was heavier to carry around with an effects pedal duct-taped to the back side. (Plus, you had to carry extra batteries for the effects pedal). If this amp were stolen (I can't imagine anyone would steal this miniscule amp unless the thief wanted to play it him/herself). I'd buy a couple more and rock on.

I take two of these beasts to BBQ contests. You never know when you might get rained on... I "gig" with it all the time, however, I do carry a backup just in case. They're cheap enough and durable enough to take anywhere. You just have to provide the amp with a sturdy strap and a means to secure the strap to the body (Schaller straplocks).

I bought this amp for the portability. I have a basement full of amps that do what is necessary for on-stage assignments, but didn't have an amp for temporary-outdoor-impromptu venues. I cook in competition BBQ contests, and it's fun to walk around the site with a couple of other musicians and jam just to entertain total strangers. I guess that's what being a musician is all about. I changed out the strap buttons for Schaller straplocks and I don't have to worry about beating my amp to the ground in a catastrophe. It runs for an entire night's venue on 6 double-As. It's hard to beat that.

PiecE47
    this amp is great for taking to school or friends houses to play, plus the sound is clear even when i crank it and put it on r-fier stack
    Coronas
    I bought this one today to practice at home... =D It works great, considering its size
    max1107
    Great amp 10/10 10/10 distotrtion 9/10 clean 10/10 guitar effects Useable 10/10 This amp has a 6 way swtich which will allow you to go to clean- distortion- accustick etc 6 effcts which are all changeable, reverb-delay-phaser-plange-chrous-tremolo It has a tunning fork and an extra socket for a mic to work at the asme time you play!!!!!
    Alex Perry
    I bought my amp for $125 in 2008 and i would say that this little 2 watter has better sound quality than alot of the 10 and 15 watt amps i've heard. if your looking for something to just sit around your house and practice with, this amp is definately it!!!