Micro Cube review by Roland

Roland: Micro Cube

Purchased from: Music N' More

Right at the moment I own a Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop with two coiled double humbuckers in front and back. I usually play acoustic and rock but I vary depending on the way a day turns out. This Micro Cube has a better acoustic setting than my 15 watt peavy so I absolutely love it. On absolutely nonee of the settings I've used so far have I experienced "white noise" to any degree. on a scale frome 1 to 10 this thing is definately a 10 in the variety of possibilities in sounds, effects, and settings that can be obtained. The clean setting is clean no matter what volume it is placed on. The distortion is brutal on a loud volume settin but kind of watery on a lowere volume scale.

This amp is a perfect match for anyone, not just me. I have been playin for three years and this is by far the most impressing mini amp I have purchased or heard about. I own a 15 watt peavy amp that has absolutely no effects. When I plugged the Micro Cube into my peavy it opened a new world of guitar playing to me. I no longer have to buy expensive effect pedals for my amp, I simply have to plug the Micro Cube into my peavy and select an effect. If my Micro Cube were stolen I would definately go out and buy another. I love everything about this amp, not just one feature. Yes, a small 0 Watt Marshall. The Marshall had no easy carry strap, no effects, and was 80 dollars more in price. Now that I've heard my Micro Cube, there is no question that I've purchased the better of the two. For any of you acoustic players out there that own or are thinking of owning this product, if you turn the flanger all the way up and the delay all the way up, and the tone all the way up, and the gain 3/4 the way up, it is the most beautiful acoutic chord setting I've ever heard.

This amp is completely dependable. I would be willing to garuntee that tis amp is going to turn on every time you hit the power button nad will always give you the satisfaction you are looking for in a mini amp. This amp is definatley not something I would use for a gig due to its size and the lack of amps, but if they were to make a 15 or 20 watt replica of this amp, god would smile down upon those who bought it. I have not had any problems what so ever with this amp whether it be sound quality, eletronic difficultiesm, or anything that falls into the problems category.

I bought my amp in July of 2008 and I have yet to find a style that it is not versatile enough for. I mainly play acoustic and Rock but I Switch to everything in between. One of the features that would make this amp unbeatable would be to add a Wah pedal effect. I usually do not use the treble effect so I would gladly replace the treble with the wah. I use this amp for practicing around the house and for easily carrying it to friends houses to practice. It has plenty of power to keep up to par with my friends 0 Watt amp and I'm sure that my Micro Cube is a hell of a lot easier to carry!

ACDC2702
    Yerr its a cool amp, I bought mine so i can pratice over my grans lol.
    Almightynikita
    nerz wrote: I bought one for 110 euro's and thats about 100 dollars i think so there pretty cheap and with all the delays and stuff it makes it the best practice amp i think
    Umm 110 EU is probably more than 150$ mate might be close to 200
    Almightynikita
    This is a great small amp, simply awesome, for it's price, also it's an awesome beginner amp and room amp.