Micro Cube review by Roland

Roland: Micro Cube

This amp can play anything and everything. The R-Fier is easily the most brutal amp model, and is great for high gain metal and rock. The classic stack is good for not as hard rock and punk. I personally don't like the classic, the distortion sounds to scratchy or icy. The Brit combo it good for blues and classic rock tones like Queen. The Black panel and JC clean are both clean. Black panel gives a much fatter and warm tone, and JC clean is very bright. The acoustic simulator is ok, but nothing beats a real acoustic, and I find it hard to make it really sound like one. This gets very loud for only 2 watts. the clean channels are not very distorted up at the high volumes. Overall this gives a very good quality tone for anything, and it is very versitile.

I play metal, punk, classic rock and blues, and this can pull it all off. I can even play my bass through it and it sounds fine. If it were lost/stolen it definitely buy this again, or get a CUBE60, the 60 watt big brother of this (which has a channel band eq, and much louder). As stated my only dislikes are the volume (it's very lud, just not loud enough) and the one band eq.

It hasn't broken yet, and I don't think it will, it's built very sturdily. It's really more of a practice amp, so I would only use it at a gig if absolutly necessary, but it isn't quite loud enough. But it's very strong, and I've stood on it with my full wieght to no effect. The batteries last very long, just make sure you turn it off when your not using it.

I bought this amp as replacement for my Fender frontman, and it does the job. it is loaded with features. One volume knob, efx knob (chorus, phaser, flanger, tremolo), eq knob, Delay/reverb knob, gain knob, and amp model knob ( Acoustic, Jc clean, black panel, brit combo, classic stack, R-Fier stack, and mic). There's three inputs, guitar, mic and a 1/8th inch jack, and one output Rec out/headphone. it can be powered by batteries or the adapter included. My only greivance is the one eq knob, it's hard to get a perfect tone with out an eq pedal.

cmacTR4Q
    I just wanna buy one, sling it on my back and walk around town with it! That's kickass!
    jakewynnrocks
    Pingis_Or_Death wrote: Can this amp handle metal well with the right pedal? (pretty stupid question I know...)
    i have a digitech metal master distortion. if i put it through jc clean and have the gain at about 9 oclock it sounds great.