Micro Cube review by Roland

Roland: Micro Cube

I use the amp with my Gibson Les Paul Studio using their standard studio-spec pickups, and my Burny Les Paul. It's 3 different distortions enables me to go on trips without having to bring a wide array of effect pedals, which also means a wider playing style. Each of the different distortions. It sounds like those high-quality, larger amps and does not produce any unnecessary noises. But it's clean channels are distorted at loud volumes, which is caused by the small size of the amplifier. The distortion could be set as you wish, brutal when you want and subtle when set to relatively low gain.

I play a wide variety of rock and the distortions have allowed me to manipulate the sound to match what I want. I have been playing for 2 and a half years and I own a Marshall MG15CDR. If it was stolen or lost, I'd probably buy another Roland as it had increased my trust in the brand. I love that it is versatile, hardy and light, so it's suitable for outdoor use. But I don't quite like the fact that there is little that we could do with the EQs. My favorite feature is the amount of channels and built-in stuff they have, negating the need to buy another pedal. Overall, it is satisfying and reliable in the long run.

First of all, I definitely won't be using this amp for a gig, 'cause of it's size and inaudibility when played in a band. But it is very reliable as its shell is hard and no malfunctions have happened so far in my 1 year of owning it. It has rubber ends, reducing and absorbing impact to the main system itself when dropped or hit. So far, nothing has gone wrong and the amp is highly reliable.

The Roland Micro Cube is a small amplifier I bought some time ago. I play mostly rock and alternative and using this amp, I could use its battery-operated feature allows me to carry it everywhere. The 6 batteries usually last between 2 to 4 months. It has 3 kind of built-in distortion (Brit Combo, Stack Classic and Stack R-fier) 2 clean channels (Black Panel and JC Clean), one Acoustic emulator and a mic channel. It also have 4 built in effects (Chorus, Flanger, Phaser, Tremolo), whose intensities could be modified and A reverb / delay knob. A headphone jack and Aux in jack are located at the back of the amp. It also have built-in tuning fork, playing A, Ab and Abb. A gain, tone and volume knobs are also present. Overall, it has a large enough array of effects and channels, although I'd like more EQ settings (high, mid, low).

Project Pat
    Ferris Bueller wrote: It's awesome...tiny thing but totally worth it!!
    that's what she said