Micro Cube review by Roland

Roland: Micro Cube

Purchased from: Yamaha Store

It have cool sound. If we choose the acoustic effect, it is sound like real acoustic guitar (I use nylon guitar). It have a distortion named "R-FIER". That is not brutal but same like distortion effect. It is can be noisy if you can't check for the real sound. If for concert or events, we need to max it out and listen the real sound.

I play classical, rock, and acoustic with my Yamaha CX40 (Nylon guitar). And that is sound like the real me. If classical, I play with JC Clean or Classic. If rock, of course I play with R-Fier. And in acoustic I play with acoustic of course. All feature is the best, nothing that I had. I just love that.

It sometimes be "cannot hear" if inside that amp is little broken. But, mine is not (it have been 2 - 3 months).

This amp is just 15w. Have seven guitar effect. It have 1 jack for guitar. It have a tuning fork with A key, Ab key, Abb key. It have some EFX. That is Chorus, Flanger, Phraser, and Tremollo.

BadBanshee
    This amp is loud for 2 watts. I usually keep it at 9 oclock when practising in my flat. Any higher and I worry about upsetting the neighbours, seriously, volume is not an issue with this amp.
    etolkien
    First of all, sorry for my poor english, I'm writing from Barcelona!!
    MaggaraMarine wrote: Micro Cube doesn't take distortion/other amp modeling pedals well. I have tried. If I want to use my RP355 with it I plug it into the aux input. Otherwise it sounds like crap if I'm using any distortion pedal or amp model with it.
    This is VERY VERY IMPORTANT with the Microcube, if you have a multieffects modeller like RP355, zoom G1/G2, POD and similars the best connection is by the AUX IN jack. If you connect in the main guitar input you have 2 preamps working together and the sound is no good. The cable is very important, between the multieffects and the Microcube you have to use a BALANCED cable: guitar>guitar cable (unbalanced)>input jack of the POD/ZOOM etc>output/headphones jack of the POD/ZOOM (balanced)>audio stereo cable (balanced)>AUX IN jack of Microcube The only downside is that you have to control your volume, eq, etc with the multieffects, the potenciometers of the Microcube are bypassed because are forming part of Microcube's preamp. Salut!
    Kailashanand
    This amp have gone so much through with me and its still working ! I have been playin on the streets a lot and diferent other places ! Worth of its price . Also for practice it is very good amp ! Reccomend it !
    etolkien
    The last night I was testing the Microcube with a Boss DS-1 distortion pedal. Works well in the AUX IN, but the cable in this case have to be a guitar cable (unbalanced), this is valid for the rest of analog pedals.