SM-25R review by Samick

Purchased from: Pawn shop

I use a customized Yamaha EG303 with 2 humbuckers, and it isnt very good. in fact its crap. But the amp makes it sound good. I put the bass and treble on 10 with the mids on 1, your typical scooped sound, but my guitar is very mid range heavy, so it sounds pretty good. On neck pickup, fast rhythms you can hear all the notes, and slow sludgy stuff kicks your ass with heavyness. With the bridge pickup fully distorted, I can get a very good "Raining Blood" style sound. Goes very loud for a 25 watt, I can play it and hear it over my drummer, which is saying something. (My drummer is a psycho). The clean sound on this amp is godly.

I play metal, and it's preety good for it, If it was stolen I would laugh my head off because it didn't come with a handle its pretty heavy to lug around without a handle! Then I would go and buy a triple rectifier. The clean sound is amazing, the overdrive is a bit to much like that gay kind you get with little 0 Watt practice amps, but a pedal on the clean channel shoud fix that. Good buy for 185.

If the world was bombed with a nuclear missle this amp and the cockroaches would survive. I don't know how it takes such a beating.

I don't know when this amp was made, but it looks like a while ago and sure as hell can take a beating. It is a single channel 25 watt solidstate amp with preamp volume, overdrive, master volume, bass, middle, treble, and reverb controls, with footswitches for overdrive and reverb, and headphone and line out jacks. 10" speaker.