Smart IIIs review by Silvertone

• Reviewer's score: 5 Decent
Silvertone: Smart IIIs

Purchased from: Local Music Shop

The clean is better than te OD by a lot, but it still is below-par. With single coils through my Squier Bullet, it gives a better blues sound than I described earlier, but that's about it. On OD, it gives tones of harsh feedback, but it's nothing I would use for a rock sound. The bass and treble really don't affect the sound that well. I gave it a second chance after a year of playing with my new Gibson SG Special Faded, but the tables turned. The OD was a little better through humbuckers, but the clean stepped down a notch or two. For beginners, it would be okay I guess, but very frutrating to work with.

For beginner's this will do the job, but you might end up upgrading it really quickly. Maybe with the right guitar and pedals you could squeeze something out of it, but not for me. I've tried high quality guitars, wah, distortion, and it never gave me the sound I needed. Luckily, I now own and gig with a Vox AD100VT, which rocks!

I'm impressed here. I used it as a practice amp for a year during my beginner phase- to make a long story short, it took a 6 foot dive off my shelf and it's still fu; ly functional, with everything intact and safe. Even through a PA, though, I would never gig with this piece of junk, or use it as a backup.

My amp was made in 2003, and was my first amp. Let's get one thing straight: it sucks. It's a 10W, and can get pretty loud for a tiny solid-state, but it's effects suck. It has four knobs, one clean, one bass, on treble, and one OD. It has a headphone jack and an output thinger, but nothing else. I almost quit guitar because this amp doesn't suit anything, rock, metal, blues, punk, or jazz, it doesn't deliver.

tsarkey
    i have that amp and still using it after over a year, still love it xD i haven got enough money to upgrade, but even if i have, i think i will use this amp for a few more months, its good for system of a down's BYOB YEAH BABY! (just tune the bass to 10-ish, treble to 7-ish)
    Slash Jr.
    haha. that was my first amp. i used to think it was awesome. and then i pulled my head out of my ass.
    Borat
    It makes your guitar louder. Thats about all the good I have to say about this amp.