Smart IIIs review by Silvertone

• Reviewer's score: 5 Decent
Silvertone: Smart IIIs

I'm using the guitar that came with the pack, at the moment, a Strat with single coil pickups. It doesn't suit my music (hard rock, classic rock) very well, it just doesn't suit any type of music. The distortion is hyper-dirty, and the notes you play come out all mixed up. You can make heavily-bad-distorted sounds, and rather decent cleans (compared to the dirty sounds).

This amp is "alright" for beginners! But when you pass an imaginary line to more complicated stuff, you might want to upgrade it. If it broke, I'd certainly not buy it again. I just wished the sounds weren't as deep, because it ruins the whole amplifier. Overall, a decent amp for beginners, and from which intermediate players should totally stay away.

This amp seems to be very reliable. If you were to gig with this (which I STRONGLY not recommend, as it would sound crap) I wouldn't take a backup amp. I have dropped it many times and, when hitting the floor, it's the floor that got damaged. It has never broken down and seems to be a tank.

The amp seems to be rather new. When it comes to versatility, this amp really doesn't Live up to anyone's expectations. As well, it has only one channel, with distortion an EQ only. The good thing is that you have a headphone jack, so you can jam at night and not disturb whoever is in the house. I use it as my main practice amp, as I have been playing guitar for 1 and half years, and it has a lot of power.

nextzakkwylde
    deagle eyes is mostly right. this amp does get the job done, but it isn't the best in th world. it has way to much feedback on the overdrive. although that might be my guitar pickups. none the less, good for beginers.
    Rokeman
    My first amp too... i agree with Borat, it did make my guitar louder. and bad.
    tiki16
    I am using it to practice with and the clean isn't bad. I play blues/classic rock. I have an rp 80 effects pedal hooked up to it and i can get some decent sounds out it. I don't use the OD on it but then again all these low end practice amps have crap OD. I have owned a few. Use a pedal if you want to thrash!!!
    Armagedden66
    this was my first amp to, i got it in a package with my samick malibu, which was my first guitar to
    Roughneck-1
    Yeah it sux ass ive been usin this shitty amp for 5 years...i think its time i got a new one
    mscby15
    the amp isn't that bad. I've had it for a year now and it gets the job done. i play AC/DC, Iron Maiden, and metallica on it and get a decent sound. and the feed back on the OD, just turn the knobs on OD:9 Treb:7 Bass:7 it sounds great! i would like to upgrade in the next year or so though.
    mscby15
    Its not that bad. ive had it for a year now and i get decent sound out of it. i play AC/DC, Iron Maiden, Ozzy, and Metallica on it. turn the knobs on OD:9 Treb:7 Bass:7 and dont turn the clean over 9 and you wont get a lot of feed back.
    megashawn4
    this was my first amp and i liked it. but then i upgraded and saw that it is really for begginers.
    INSULIN
    JIMI HENDRIX HAD A SILVERTONE AMP.GOT MY GRANDDADS OLD 1482 TUBE AMP FROM SILVERTONE.1967 STILL WORKS