10 Watt review by Squier

• Reviewer's score: 5.3 Decent
Squier: 10 Watt

Purchased from: Sam Ash

The sound on this amp actually surprised me. Using the Squire Affinity Strat the amp came with, you can get a pretty decent clean tone. Turning the treble up on the guitar and switching on the rhythm pickup creates a sweet bluesy sound thats great for playing slower songs. I play mostly blues and classic rock, and the clean really works for that style. Switch on the overdrive, though, and prepare to be completely underwhelmed. The distortion is absolutely terrible, sounding grainy and harsh at low volumes, and only getting worse as you turn the amp up. There is also an annoying hiss that increases along with the volume. Not only that, the amp isn't very versatile, either. There is no gain control for the overdrive channel, and the lack of 3 band EQ hurts both channels. Pedal use is a must.

Overall this is a fairly decent beginner amp. I've been playing for about a year now, and this amp has been owned by me since I started playing. I've tried out a great number of amps at various places, and you could do worse than buy this amp. If it were stolen or lost, I'd simply get a better amp. There is nothing about this amp that would compel me to reclaim it. This amp is fairly reliable, though, and its clean tone is pretty nice. The overdrive issue is one easily solved, just get a pedal. An OK buy.

This amp does seem to be pretty durable. It is very small, weighing less than 10 lbs, and has a closed back. The handle is also pretty solid. Though the mesh-like speaker covering seems rather flimsy, it has held up well over the year I've owned it. I've dropped the amp several times, and the worst that's happened to it is the input jack falling off once, and all I had to do was screw it back.

This is a solid-state, 10-watt, Squier combo that comes packed with the Squier Affinity Strat pack. This amp was definitely designed for absolute beginners. It has 1 input, 1 headphone jack, bass and treble controls, and 1 master volume. There are 2 channels, overdrive and clean. In my opinion, if an amp doesn't even have a midrange control, it is either geared towards complete beginners or those with add.

Barboom
    Im confused. I got a strat pack a long time ago to practice with but it came with a Squier Champ 15.
    Utci
    I have this amp, and I hoped I knew something before I bought it some years ago.
    Horlicks
    ''If one doesn't blow out the tubes this amp could probably last near forever, since there is nothing else that can break down on this amp. This amp can be depened on(reliability wise). '' There is no tubes
    PsychoTony
    The sound sucked. The damn imput broke right after i bought it. Haha it doesn't matter i paid ten bucks.
    sbinlb
    can any one tell me the volume pot serial number and the "k" number