Champ 15 review by Squier

• Reviewer's score: 6 Neat
Squier: Champ 15

Purchased from: Main St. Antiques

Keep in mind that this is a practice amp, and not something to gig with, that ain't gonna happen junior. I use my Strat with this, and the clean channel, once you get the settings right, isn't that bad. The distortion channel, sucks though. I cannnot stand the way that channel sounds. You have to turn this up at least halfway just to get a decent tone. It's not that powerful. The Fender Frontman 15 models have a lot more kick than this.

I play classic rock and blues, and I suppose if you used some pedals with this, you could probably get a great tone with it. If this was stolen or damaged, would I replace it? I seriously doubt it. Like I mentioned, this a practice amp, and is best suited for either a beginner or someone Who wants to play at home and use the headphone jack for some quiet practice. The only thing that I wished I had asked before buying this would be; can you lower the price, say, down to $10.00?

I could depend on it, only for home use. Would I use this at a gig? Hell no, I wouldn't even attempt it.It does have a jack for a 8 ohm ext speaker, but I don't see how this could really power a 2x12 cabinet. For a 1999 model. it seems to be very durable and could probably take a beating, but I'm not one to abuse my equipment. I'm not made of money, so I baby what I have.

According to Fender, this amp is a 1999 model, and was made in Korea, not Indonesia, like the majority of the Squier crap that is out today. It has 2 channels, and the following controls; gain, volume, treble, mid, bass, and presence. No reverb though. I wish that it did have some reverb, and that the distortion didn't sound so tinny and bright. I just bought this yeaterday out of curiosity, and do plan to put it on Craig's list, so I can make a quick holiday sale.

PsychoTony
    Hey I just bought this ($25) and its a very good practice amp. Great for my dorm. Personally its good for practice nothing more.
    boxyboer
    Just got one free from the girlfriends house one of her ex's left it there (side note ...win ..lol) I love this amp I have been jammin around on it for days. My gig amp is a line six spider 111 150 and it sux taking it to and from band practise just so I can play during the week .Its nice to have a good practise amp around and I am so far impressed with this amp. It brings it to the right levels I can pull a pinch without having it so loud its killing me in a small room lol...p.s. My neighbors love it to
    simpro14.5
    I like it better than my line 6 spider (I know...I suck for buying it) for almost everything. It's a good little practice amp, but you'll want to upgrade quickly
    oldeskoolmann
    i own a champ 15 amp,serial number 0000052.i usually put head phones on,and i have no problems with this amp.i have a squier strat affinity series,i bought the guitar and amp from original owner.NO MILEAGE what so ever!maybe someone can direct me to the web page for looking up my amp,i'd be greatful.