SP-10 review by Squier

• Reviewer's score: 5 Decent
Squier: SP-10

Purchased from: Rockshop NZ

I like to play punk rock to normal rock to slow-ish songs, good to mix it up and yeah, this amp can defiantly pull the sound off. When the distort button is put on you can play metal and it will sound right. When it's clean it can pull off 'Adam's Song' by Blink 182 easily as well. The distortion could be a lot more but I guess that's what you get for just having a button instead of a gain control. The quality of the sound isn't that great compared to other amps. But for the price if you just beginning it's alright.

It pulls of the music I want to play quite well but compared to other amps it's not that good. When I have enough spare money I will probably buy another mush better amp since I have gotten better and I believe I'm passed the beginner stage and I need something a bit more. Before I had brought this I didn't know about the gain control so if your looking into buying an amp maybe get one with a gain control. If it was stolen it would defiantly be in my mind in buying a new amp but I doubt I'd get it. It's a reasonable amp for a beginner, a bit lacking in some areas but a good starting place. Well worth a look.

Some times the amp can fuzz on you which is bad and a 10watt is a bit small to go to a gig with, maybe if you want to make some money on the streets but it would be hard to hear over the drums at a gig. It can fall over and it will be fine it's pretty well built on the outside but that doesn't mean the sound is perfect. It's nice and small and can fit in your bedroom if that's all you want to use it for.

A beginner amp, 10 Watt really basic. If you're looking into buying an electric guitar and want a little cheap amp that can easily fit in your room, this is it. That amp it self has a input and volume jack and on top of that it has a volume control, a treble control and also a bass control. There is also a clean/distort button to change the sound of your guitar. One of the huge things it's missing is a gain control which would help this amp out totally. So in short if you're a beginner wanting to learn how to play this is calling out for you. Worth the price.

lexaah
    can_i_say wrote: yeah i got this with my first guitar piece of crap
    i couldn't agree more! i got it from a friend cus i just started playing and the sound on distortion is like listening to a toilet flush... totally gonna get me a new one, a different one that is.
    chatlo77
    lol i have this amp it is my only one after my old chep 30W blew up . I am so glad that i have my Behringer Pedals (UD100 Distortion and V-AMP Modelling Multi-FX) it makes this amp just about tolerable for a bedroom amp but I still usually bypass it and just use the Behringers with my computer.
    ratiugetamitlup
    This amp is absolutly SHITEST in the world.... sometimes it has its fits and doesnt even work. *****BUYING AMPLIFIER THIS WILL DISAPOINT YOU*****
    Nhex
    I have this it came with my guitar hate it because after some time it will give you some problems
    colton.
    chrisogroves wrote: this amp sucks so bad you might as well make guitar noises with your mouth.
    lol. thats nicely said.
    Shredy_Mc_shred
    Scarface735 wrote: this amp rocks!
    lol i hope your only joking this amp really is a shit as amps can get
    Richardii
    This amp is, to say the least, the worst out there. It sound like scratching glass to put it simply. Don't buy it, don't even play it if you get a chance.