SP-10 review by Squier

Squier: SP-10

Purchased from: Musicians Alley

At the moment I'm using a Fender Bullet Strat, which I think is quite nice even at the low-end of the market. When I first bought it, it sounded quite ordinary. But now, I have the Boss MT-2 pedal and it makes this Amp explode! The tone comes out perfect and when your adjust or cut frequencies on the pedal, the Amp can output it perfectly! The in-built overdrive is nothing special, however I very much like the clean setting on it as it provides a clean, clear tone.

My overall summary is that this Amp is great for the person that needs an easily transported amp and at an extremely affordable price. The sound on clean is fantastic, and at high volumes the in-built overdrive is fine. This amp has recieved a lot of criticism, mainly because it's been made out to be something it's not. For the price and it's main purpose this amp is a 7 for me.

I've had this amp for about 3 years. Not a single problem so far. Buttons\knobs all work, even the overdrive and clean button works, the reliability of the amp is perfect. I wouldn't however use it at a gig mainly because of it's lack of power. This amp is one I can depend on.

When I first got this amplifier I thought it was fantastic. Although the amplifier is mainly for practise, bedroom and classroom or whearabouts purposes, I think it's quite a nifty little thing. The overdrive setting is actually "overdrive" not distortion. People are making this out to be an amplifier with in-built distortion, wrong. It's mainly a clean and subtle overdrive amp. The overdrive can actually get quite harsh, but only at extraordinary high volumes. The clean however, I think, sounds crystal clear and has brilliant tone. For the price your getting this at, and for what it is I believe this is a great little amp for home, or band practise. The lacking of features on this amp lower the mark quite serverely. It only has an input jack, volume, clean\overdrive button, treble, bass, and a headphone jack. And of course, an on\off Switch. Because of the lacking of features in this Amp I'm giving it a Seven for what it is.

tom_martin_123
    ye it is truely rubbish lol, it jus seems to make thing louder, n the nobs dont reli do anythin lol
    Dilpickle1
    I am a beginner guitarist [got my guitar for my birthday.. last week] and i am borrowing this amp off of my brother while he is at Army Basic training. Clean, it sounds pretty good, but in overdrive it basically worthless.
    Joeval
    It came with my guitar (squier strat) and it's fine for just starting out. But anything more that "ooh, what is this thing with six strings" it sucks.