SP-10 review by Squier

• Reviewer's score: 6.3 Neat
Squier: SP-10

Price paid: A$ 54

Purchased from: A small fender shop

I use this amp with a strat and a Les Paul, I also use a DigiTech multi effects pedal as a preamp so I can get better gain. I should review that great pedal. The clean (without the pedal) is beatiful. To bad I don't use it very often. I play practically anything with a bit of distortion. The amp could definitly use a better speaker. When you push it above 7, you get bad speaker distortment. Does NOT Sound Good! Although I still can't get over how good the clean is for the price. If you buy an amp designed buy Fender you'll always get great clean. Just make sure you set a side some money for a pedal of some sort

I've been play electric for five years and I only bought this amp to take to friends places as it can fit in my backpack. My overall impression for it is good. It just needs a better preamp. If your a beginner and looking for an amp this will satisfy for 3 months. Then you'll have to buy a foot pedal. (this review is not comparing to my Mesa)

Fantastic. One word. I use to take it to school and back for a small gig every week for about 2 years. No probs. My only problem was that I walked to far away from it and the amp fell forward. The input then went wobbly and it nearly fell through the face. Guy at the shop fixed it for nicks. It been dropped, stood on, kicked, and still working as well as I got it. Only use it in my room most of the time. Everything in it fell very sterdy. If I had to gig with it IT would be the backup, and my Mesa dual rectifer would be my preference. Good on ya Fender:)

This amp lacks heaps of features. Made in CHINA and bought it in 2008. There is no reverb and no gain pot, although there is an OVERDRIVE switch. Not gain. It gets a bit too harsh at some points after about 5. It's either clean or full O.D. The clean is fantastic. The legendary Fender clean is back. In a cheap black box. There is bass and treble equalizers, no mid. A volume knob, input, headphones and the on/off switch. The back is fully closed with adds a bit of bass to the sucky 5" speaker. 10W, draws 22w from the wall. Black colouration.

G3ck0
    I have this amp, got it with my first guitar, it sucks. I try to play Green Day but it sounds kinda crap, can't wait for 4 or so months when I can buy a new amp.
    Ro734
    on mine the od button dies every 10secs. baaaaad. needs a kick to turn on
    exmaya
    i have this amp.. it is on a package.... but thanks for this review.... im just a starter.....