10 GA P review by Stagg

• Reviewer's score: 6 Neat
Stagg: 10 GA P

Purchased from: Nearby Shop

This amp has a very simple sound. The EQ makes a fairly small amount of difference to the overall sound. The distortion is not very rich at all. Also this amp is very very quiet with only ten watts. I used to play this amp with the Stagg S300 that came with it but have since decided to use a Johnson 50R. Due to the shear lack of volume this amp provides on one occassion I bought this amp to one of my band practices and it was quieter than a piano!

I play alternative to heavy rock and this amp can play these styles though it sruggles some times. It is exactly what you would expect for the price I payed for it and is an alrite practice amp. But it's simple, tinny sound and lack of volume mean I do not use it for anything other than practicing. So overall I would reccomend this amp to a very begginner guitarist but warn them that they would definatly need to buy a new amp when they got better.

Though this amp is quiet with a very simple sound it is incredibly reliable. I have never had any problems reliability wise with this amp and I have owned it for just over a year and a half. This does mean that it can always be relied on as a practice amp.Though I would never be willing to use it on a gig because of it's huge lack of sound.

I bought this amp as part of a package with a Stagg S300 guitar for about 290 AUD. So as you would guess for something of this price it does not come with many features at all. It only has 1 channel, a very simple EQ and simple distortion with gain options. It also does have a headphones input which is helpful if you don't actually want other people to hear your amp! However though this is very simple it is exactly what you would expect from a cheap practice amp.

Dloc
    I got one of these when i bought my strat. It was about... $50 at the most i think... it has done me ok so far... havent put MUCH use to it yet... its basically more of just a practice amp. I have a pic of it on my profile if you want to see it.