10 GA P review by Stagg

Stagg: 10 GA P

Purchased from: Birds Music

I was using a Stagg S300 with it, and later an Ibanez GRG150 it was so so for either one, although better for the Ibanez, because the it was the better guitar in general to be honest, it had a little bit of noise and buzz but other than that it was good, it had gain, bass, mid and treble, and a headphone jack for really quiet practice. It gave more of a fuzzy distortion than anything, but it wasn't bad.

i play a bit of everything and while it lasted this amp held solid. I've since upgraded to a Peavey Vypyr 15 which is a lot better, but it would have been nice to keep it in one peice. I really liked the raw simplicity of it and how it was almost indestructibe, if it was stolen I wouldn't bother getting another, but I would be sad. At the time I didn't have time or money to compare it against anything else so I went for this, and as I was my first amp, I don't regret the decision.

Its survived 3 years of my playing and has been across the world with me so I think it done pretty well, the only thing that gave out was the power switch, which I fixed about a year ago, then, due to me keeping it at full volume all day and night for band practice, the speaker eventually blew, all thats left now is the pre-amp. Other than that, its been thrown acrss rooms, dropped down stairs kicked, had drinks spilt on it, and it still worked after that. But while it lasted it was a descent amp for its size and volume.

I bought this amp roughly 4 years ago with my first ever electric guitar, a Stagg S300 (it was one of those starter package deals) and for being a package amp, it was pretty descent, not particularly loud for a 10 watt, but it was alright, I used this amp at home for practice when its quiet, and it does its job.