10 GA P review by Stagg

• Reviewer's score: 5.8 Decent
Stagg: 10 GA P

Price paid: £ 49.99

Purchased from: MDM

I'm using it with a Washburn WI200 and a Boss Superchorus pedal. It doesn't really suit my style, I'm into metal and the amp has an awful fuzzy overdrive, so I play on clean, if you play to hard though on either channels it will crackle like a biscuit. There isn't much variety to it, having only a 3 band EQ.

I play metal, this amp isn't good for that style. I have been playing for 8 years and use my beloved Washburn WI200 and Fender Cybertwin normally with a Boss Superchorus Pedal. If it were stolen/lost I wouldn't buy it again, it's ok as a practice amp, if your playing very quietly but it's just not that amazing. I love the headphone socket, for normal headphones but I hate the EQ. I wish it had more settings and didn't crackle out when on high volume. It's good to buy if your not serious about guitar, and you just want to have a bit of fun.

I can rely on it as a practice amp but I just don't trust it enough to take it to a gig, I'd rather take my Fender Cybertwin, which is more reliable. It hasn't broken down, and I've had it a couple years, but I don't use it often. It seems like a pretty sturdy amp, I don't think it will break for a while.

10 watts, 3-band Equalizer(Bass/Middle/Treble), Volume & Gain controls, Headphone input, Stereo mini-jack input for MP3 player, Linkage to PC. It would be a lot better if there were more settings for the EQ eg. Reverb. I like how the headphone input is for regular MP3 headphones.

Fapitalist
    This amp is teeeeerrible. I loved it the first day I bought my very first guitar because I had no idea what anything was> after a month or two of playing I realized how bad it truly is. It's somewhere at my friends house right now, whenever I see it I'll plug my guitar in to see if it's as bad as I remember it. It's much worse than I remember it every single time. Do not buy this amp
    mrRICHARD911
    rv_phoenix
    mrRICHARD911 wrote: practice amp:perfect. anything other than practice:bad, for 50$, it's acceptable. if you want an amp, only for home and band practice, i recommend it
    How can someone practice on an amp that sounds like a teddy-bear beating a tin-can??? This is arguably one of the worst 10W amps on the planet!
    Rickondrius
    I've had this little thing for 2 years and it wasn't that bad for a practice amp, though its overdrive sounds like crap, I plugged an external distortion and it sounded a-ok.
    MisterMushroom
    I've had this amp for years, I use a distortion pedal to combat the awful overdrive channel, and it's not too bad. I play metal, and home record a lot of stuff using this amp for guitar, and it sounds pretty good. Definitely will be upgrading when I get the money, but it's an okay amp.