20 GA DR Review

manufacturer: Stagg date: 04/19/2007 category: Guitar Amplifiers
Stagg: 20 GA DR
The features on this amp are pretty simple, it has a basic overdrive function and a clean function, it also has a built in EQ, reverb dial.
 8.5
 9.8
 7.1
 10,243
review (1) 12 comments vote for this gear:
20 GA DR Reviewed by: 666-JoE-666, on april 19, 2007

Features: The features on this amp are pretty simple, it has a basic overdrive function and a clean function, it also has a built in EQ, reverb dial (which I find very useful) because the reverb is quite good, 1 channel and no built in effetcs, this amp is very simple, for beginner guitarist's but it is big enough for a small gig in a pub ect because this 20 Watt beast packs a punch! // 9

Sound: The sound is very good, the clean is actually clean! and if you set the EQ up right, you can make it sound like a Vintage electric (e.g. Telecaster) or acoustic guitar! The overdrive is pretty basic but again it's all with the EQ, I have found, setting the para mid and mid to half, you get a decent grungy sound, perfect for "Wanna-be" rock star! // 10

Reliability & Durability: I have had thsi Amp for, little more that 3 month and other than dirt getting into the Imput jack, I have never had a problem with this amp, it is so reliable. It has a sturdy metal grin on the front so if your in transport, it wont damage the speaker inside and rubber padded corners so it's nearly impossible to bump and break it! // 10

Overall Impression: Well well, I play more rock and roll on my Stratocaster, and the overdrive is pretty good for peices like ACDC Back In Black and Nirvana Smells Like Teen Spirit. I have been playing for little more than a year and this is my favourate amp out of Roland Cube, Peavy Bandit and Fender Frontman. I also own a Behringer OD100 Stomp Box, which is good and a Stratocaster which is the best! Anyway, back to the amp, I love it, mainly because of the sound quality, Overdrive is just the right amount and clean is actually clean! I Chose thsi amp when I first started playing and the only other amps I would have are Ashdown amps and Marshall amps, ainly because they're distortion is wiked! // 10

Comments