CA-15 review by Stagg

Stagg: CA-15

Purchased from: Andy Simpsons

I played a Strat copy on it as I first started to play and it sounded pretty much ok. Playing my Ibanez through it is auite fun cause the amp just seems to scream. Pretty damn unbelievable. So in any case the distortion for a budget end amp is quite reasonable. The clean sound like I said is gastly but I rarely use clean. Soundwise, it's not too bad.

If your starting out this is a good amp to get. Cause when you get something better after many years of playing you'll appreciate how much that crud little amp took. Fantastic!

I have had absolutely no trouble with this amp. Abviously as it is a tiny amp it's absolutely no use for gigging but good for a practice with some records. Compared to the problems with my Marshall DFX30 (the bloody effects go wonky) this thing is a peach. It's never broken down despite being dropped, having water spilt on it and such. Reliable for practicing and durable against a sodding earthquake!

I've had the amp for a good five years and it's unbelievably great. It was the perfect starter amp which screams with the gain tolled up. With the clean tone it pretty much sounds like a dying reindeer but just keep to the gain and you can't go wrong.