CA-15 review by Stagg

• Reviewer's score: 6.8 Neat
Stagg: CA-15

Purchased from: la casa de guitarras

When you start playing the sound is great. The distortion is massive, so if you turn the gain to the maximum, and the tone knob on your guitar all the way down, using a neck pickup, you get a nice sound. But later, I also wanted a volume that can couse you a headache, and some nice low sounds I can feal in my stomach, which couldn't be given by this small, 5" speaker amp (yes I measured it). So when you start playing it's a nice amplifier, but you will need to buy a new amplifier when you decide to keep on playing.

When I bought it, I didn't have a certain style I play, but later I really wanted another amp with more volume, a better sound and more funtions. At the beginning it was the perfect amplifier for me, and if you start playing guitar, and when you're not sure if you're gonna like it, I reccommend this amp. If you play guitar for a long time, or when you are sure you will enjoy playing guitar for lots of years, you'de better buy another amp.

Nothing has ever broken down, it seems almost indestructable. I sat on it (I'm 65 kg), I dropped it, I hit it (because of the bad sound), and it still works fine. If you buy it, it would remain intact for the rest of your life (except if you start talking about explosives).

It's so basic: everyone understands it. This is what you see when you look at it: input, gain, tone, volume, headphone. That's it. There is also a Switch to Switch between the clean and the disturbed distorted channel. It's a really basic solid state amp. I have it because it came with my guitar (I bought a pack, including this amp, a guitar (Washburn X10, I love it), some bad cables, a gigbag, a strap and a lot of picks). It was a good starter amp, but after using it for 3 years (I also played acoustic guitar for 4 yars, so I had 7 years of experience) I wanted something bigger and noisier. And cleaner. And with more functions. And a better, warmer sound, so I bought a new one (a Fender eighty-five deluxe).

hamsta_hobo
    rv_phoenix
    hamsta_hobo wrote: i have one of these as a practice amp and they are really good for the cost, in my opnion
    I guess you don't actually hear very well. It sounds like sheer crap. Staggs are among the worst instruments and equipment on the planet.
    rv_phoenix
    I guess you don't hear very well, if you say they you can actually use this piece of junk, otherwise than for lighting a nice camp fire. Staggs rate among the worst possible amps on this planet.