Cube 20 review by Stranger

Stranger: Cube 20

I have seen when the volume knob on my guitar is at 10, the noise (Hiss)suddenly disappears on the Amp, which is wierd... Otherwise the sound is nice and has it's own sweet echo which sounds great for Metallica and POTF kind of songs. I also tried Satch' music and it sounds neat, especially clean sounds and acoustic sounds are great, can't expect too much for this price though

I like to play anything Satriani, Metallica, Tried hendrix tones, POTF etc and I like the Amp overall... Good enough for the price, However I would not stick to this amp when I upgrade, I may go for a Vox or Marshall, I was initially planning for a 15 W Marshall MG15 CDR However as my budget was tight I had to settle for Stranger.

"Reliability & Durability" Haven't got a chance to test that though, Looks Sturdy and has a nice cover at the front and back too, which would not let pests inside... I Guess this is a tough Amp and these days new amps which are transistor based are reliable enough, Unlike TUbe amps which needs care and protection, haven't had a change to check it's toughness though.

"Features" it's a nice amp for starters and for small rigs and maybe bedroom practise, This has some basic controls, like Bass, Mids and Treble controls, has slots to connect a headphone and also has pre out. I feel it has enough power to fill a 1200 sft room.

anotherbattery
    u can get a Marshall MG10CD for just a lil more. i'v tried stranger. i hate it. i have the MG10CD now and lemme tell u, its a lot better.the clean is just awesome and u get an overdrive channel!
    wrijul
    MAN if u r really short of budget buy this amp .... sounds really horrible .... specially at volume level 8-10.... ur clean sound may sound fuzzy/wah wah type .... so think twice before buying....
    machiavellides
    Dont buy this ****in amp ! i have this amp and i did a biggest mistake in my life by buying this amp! this amp is shit! the distortion on this amp appears like noise to me! it is not clean ! always buzzing like crazy! This amps sound is not clean!