Rambler 25 Review

manufacturer: Sundown date: 08/03/2011 category: Guitar Amplifiers

Sign up to get weekly digest with top stories from UG. Ads free, only news.

Thanks for subscribing! Check your email soon for some great stories from UG

Sundown: Rambler 25
 6.7
 8.3
review (1) pictures (1) 1 comment vote for this gear:
Rambler 25 Reviewed by: unregistered, on august 03, 2011

Purchased from: Parrish Music

Features: The Rambler is a sweet little amp that is surprisingly light and compact, features typical EQ and punchy overdrive. Has digital reverb as it is a solid state amp. It is a basic practice amp but with my experience they don't typically make amps of this quality for the price. I think the reverb is weak otherwise it is a good design. // 7

Sound: The sound is where this amp shines. The over driven tones are thicker than my Vox AC15, you can even get a nice metal sound. I am not trying to sell these or anything I was very surprised how good it sounds. I was honestly like is this really solid state. Clean channel is what it should be reverb is digital which is a downfall in my opinion. // 9

Reliability & Durability: It is structurally dependable have only had it a couple of days but it has a five year warranty. I think if any problem would occur it would be the speaker or digital reverb. A guy really could mic this and record with it if it had a nice British speaker in it. Reminds a lot of the Tiny Terror because it is a little workhorse. // 8

Overall Impression: I just bought this amp for a portable little guy that sounds good. I have had a Marshall MG and they are SH*T so when I tried this for only $100 it is extraordinary and I don't know why the company doesn't get recognition. Hopefully this review will get some people to check it out really nice amp. // 9

More Sundown reviews rating category latest review
+ B-50 7.5 Bass Amplifiers 02/15/2008