Trademark 10 review by Tech 21

Tech 21: Trademark 10

Purchased from: www.wwbw.com

I'm using it with my Fender Standard Strat (with Texas Special Pickups) and Jackson DXMG (passive Emgs). It guits my style, mainly thrash and some tehnical death metal, not mindless screaming e. x. Cannibal Corpse. It can be a little noisy on high volumes, but it's only 10 watts so it's to be expected. Tons of distortion for an amp this size, very crunchy, almost tube like (it uses Tech 21's renowned Sansamp tube emulation). It has 3 different amp models Tweed, Brittish, California (Fender, Marshall, Mesa Boogie). Personally I only use the mesa sound its not that much different from the Marshall setting. My only complaint is that the clean sound is not very good at all, not very bright, very dull sounding.

I've been playing for a little over a year, and it was a good start. Harmonics reallly jump out, although it does get muddy. Compared to others its size (reluctant to say price range now it's 250 brand new) it's far better. It doesn't have the volume or clarity I want, and may replace it later. Maybe with a Trademark 120 if I like its sound.

I'd depends on it at home just for practicing, but to play with other people its way too small. I really don't beat up my stuff anyway.

Brand new amp, bought it from woodwind brasswind. Very good amp for its size, can get very loud considering its only 10 watts. It has an effects loop, headphone jack, 1 input. It has a custom made Tech 21 speaker in it, 8 in.

b4nj0
    I love this wee beastie. It even smells like electronic equipment through the vent grilles! The "special design" speaker can't cope with too much low end string flap and it doesn't have too much headroom if you're after clean sounds. The range of sounds available is indeed impressive. Don't forget that this was intended as a recording amp. Jimmy Page wasn't the first to record massive sounds with around 5 watts... On mine, one of the speaker simulations is seemingly non-functional. Tech21 told me that it is a subtle adjustment, but my experience with Tech21 kit is that subtle is not their middle name, and you have to be very careful with rotational adjustments on controls. I really rate Tech21 kit- I have two other items and they are both superb. Moreover, they don't get reviewed too often by the sycophantic music press, I wonder why that could be!