YCS100H review by Traynor

Traynor: YCS100H

Purchased from: Guitar store

I use a strat, and a Jackson dinky with this amp. The clean channel will get you a great classic Marshall Plexi tone and for a clean channel, It is extremely versitle. I cranked this thing up to around 8 and set the gain around 3 o'clock. This setting got me up to Metallica type gain which was amazing for a clean channel. The crunch channel starts around a Marshall Plexi with the gain fairly low, You can get this channel up to high gain stages pretty easily though. The red channel gets great Mesa/Boogie type tones. Unbelievable sound when It's cranked, and just about no feedback. You can achieve a great high gain sound on this channel. You could survive a 2 hour gig with no effects except maybe a wah. The amp is one of the most verisitle I've seen in a long time. And it's very simple to use.

For alternative and metal, this amp sounds great. It will suit just about any style you want. I have been playing for almost 2 years and own lots of pedals but I ownly use my fuzz face and wah wah for this amp. I would buy this again if it where stolen and am more happy then I thought I would be with it. I love the versatility and simplicity of the amp and have compared it to just about every amp under 2000 dollars. There is nothing you could add to make this better.

No problems so far. I would use it during a gig without a backup. The amp has never broken down on me and I have been very happy with the reliability.Plus, Traynor has an amazing two year warranty on it so I am pretty confident that I won't need to fix it or anything like that. Traynor is pretty reliable.

The Traynor YCS100 head or Custom 100 Special is a pretty recent model from Traynor I believe. It is extremely veristle. I play just about anything ranging from Jazz to Death Metal, It can cover pretty much every style. It is a true 3 channel amp with a global Master volume, Presence, and Resonance Controls. Each channel has a control for gain, volume, equalazation, reverb and effects (for the effects loop). Each channel has a gain boost function and a button to get a more modern sound. The crunch and red channel have a button to scoop the mids, and the clean channel has a bright function. There is a headphones output and a D.I function. The footswitch controls the channels and there is a solo boost function which is very cool and kinda sounds like a tube screamer when it's on. This is an all tube 100 watt head. But, you can bring it down to 30 watts which is very cool. I use this amp for recording primarily and it's great.

vitax
    sounds rly cool!!!! I like the A and B mode, so that u can use it even at home without crollin down the walls!!!
    A-Ro
    Using it running at 30 watts will be PLENTY for small gigs. It would have to be a large gig to need the 100 watt setting. All in all, this is a very versatal amp.
    guitargod1965
    This amp is the best I have ever played (and I have played alot). The ycs 412 is a fantastic cab, durable, visually pleasing and kicks like there is no tomorrow. I would recommend this to anyone who has shopped around without success and who wants to be able to play anything through this amp with beautiful results. This amp will become a classic.
    Ramik
    I switched over from a mesa triple rec solo head to to this amp. It is simply so versatile. The only problem I had is the footswitch. The footswitches would stop working everyone once inawhile and I would have to get a new one. But hey, its unlimited warrenty and its free
    Ramik
    OH and if you want to hear what this amp sounds like go to www.myspace.com/finalfall I used this head with a mesa oversized cab, although the ycs cab sounds just as good. I just didn't feel like dragging it to the studio. I played through it with my ltd dj 600 guitars. The settings i played through were 4 gain, 8 treble, 6 mid, and 5 bass.
    guitargod1965
    Just a brief note I felt I should post. If you really want a fantastic amp without the hastles of hauling around a head and huge cab, be sure to check out the traynor ycs 90 combo. In all honesty it actually sounds better than the 100 watt and is a whole lot easier to haul around. It is an amazing amp for just over a grand and compares very favorable with the 1500-1800 dollar Marshall and Mesa combo's. Actually I found it much more versatile with crystal clear cleans and demonic roars overdrive if needed. This is one hot amp and I am at a loss as to why Yorkville does not more aggressively market it. It is quite simply the best amp in the under 1800 range. It looks vintage hot and makes a Brugera sound like an am radio. Check it out, I promise you will not be disappointed.