YCS100H review by Traynor

Traynor: YCS100H

Purchased from: craigslist

I play a Gibson "The Paul" with a Pearly Gates in the Neck and an Air Norton in the bridge. Channel 1 is the heavy gain "Mesa" channel and it has tons of gain. Channel 2 is medium gain "Marshall" channel and it has a nice smooth distortion. It can still get quit a lot of gain. Channel 3 is clean and it has a nice warm plexi kinda clean. Has a very good amount of clean headroom available but not as much as my Twin had. Still get what I need out of it. Channel 1 also can do blues well by pressing the boost button which gives it some breakup. This amps sound very well and for the price I paid is almost unbelievable. I would give it a 9.5 because the clean isn't as great as Fender clean, but still very good. The gain channels are just as good or better as any Marshall or mesa I've played. I play in a band and we cover classic rock to metal. Has all the distortion I could use. The amp is the quietest amp I've ever owned even on high gain. The reverb is decent. Extremely impressed with the overall sounds this amp can produce. Performs like an amp that cost twice or even three times as much.

I play everything from southern rock, beatles, Floyd, Zeppelin, Metallica, Tool, Alice in Chains, Stp, Chevelle, Black Keys, and have not found any genre this amp does not do well. I bought a Fender Twin for 400 but needed something that was more versatile while also sounding well in the process and this amp does the job. I traded the Twin straight up and am happy I did. I really like the fact that each channel is completely separate. Can dial in how much I want the fx loop on each channel. So if I want chorus only on the clean channel I don't have to turn off the chorus every time I go to distortion.The solo feature also comes in handy when you want a little more volume for solo's or whatever. I played a Rect-o-Verb ($1000), Marshall DSL40 (699), Blackstar HT 40 (699) and Budda (1000). The Traynor was the best of the bunch while at the same time costing less money. The Budda would have been my next choice. I've been playing guitar for 15 years now. My dad who only owns top notch gear was extremely impressed with the gain channel and how quiet the amp was. I also own a 1979 Gibson "The Paul" and a Taylor 110. I use the amp with an eminence 1x12 Commonwealth speaker and my dad built the cabinet. I do want to get a Vintage Alvarez Yairi guitar one day and maybe one day a Fender Twin Reverb for clean and a Diezel for gain. Until then I'll be using the Traynor. If I paid 1,000 for this amp I would give it 4.5 stars. Since I paid only 400 I give it 5 stars or 10/10. Before I bought the Twin guy at Guitar Center talked me into getting the Peavey Vypyr vip3 which I took back a few days later.

i use the amp to gig with and have never had a problem. The amp weighs about 41 pounds so it's pretty heavy for a head but not as bad as my 90 pound twin. The amp seams to be made with ver good quality. Very tough amp. The previous owner said he used for gigs also. He said he had just re tubed the amp recently. I do not use a backup for gigs. The amp is as solid as a rock. The LED for the the bright button on channel 3 needs replaced. It came that way. That is the only thing that does not work as it should.

The Traynor YCS100H is 100w all tube, with 3 channels and a solo boost and gain boost feature for each channel. Also has modern and scoop button for channel 1 and 2, and modern and bright for channel 3. Each channel has a separate eq, reverb, and fx controls. Can also run the Amp in 30w mode by flipping switch on the back. Has a Master volume, presence, and resonance. This is by far the most features from a tube amp I've ever owned. I traded my Fender 100w Twin for this amp because i wanted an amp that could play multiple styles, and this amp does not disappoint.

brgr.grbr
    The ycs90 is a MUCH better amp. I had one, sold it and got this one. BIG MISTAKE. On the 100, the clean channel was very average, the 2nd had terrible sounding break up and the 3rd was a puddle of mud. So I bought a mesa.