YCS50 Combo review by Traynor

Traynor: YCS50 Combo

Price paid: C$ 500

Purchased from: private

Using a PRS SE Custom 24 this amp sounds awesome! The USA clean is very Fenderish but not too much, sweet and full. The gain channel #1 is great for Blues, Rock and early metal. But... With the addition of the "Boost" it takes you into tone heaven. I have a Mesa Rectoverb (I use it in Vintage Mode full gain) and I can and do get basically the same tone and sound/feel out of the Boost channel on the YCS50. This is that liquid tone that I look for. I play in 2 bands at different locations, so I was looking for an alternative to lugging around the rectoverb, and the YCS50 is it. I think you could get just about any tone your looking for from this amp.

I play everything from Cult, Blue Rodeo, Metallica, CCR, Hip, Clapton etc... For about 32 yrs. I have a MB Rectoverb, Line 6 Flextone, Line 6 POD Live for amps and effects. Guitars are PRS, Kramer, Hamer, Fender, MusicMann. If it were lost or stolen I would replace asap, I have absolutely no regrets in this purchase, I take my hat off to Traynor for this great/well thought out amp. I can't think of anything it is missing? It does everything I need it to do! It is really closer to a 3 channel amp than a 2 channel (when using the boost feature).

No worries for reliability, its a Traynor. I had a MonoBlock (Traynor) in the early 80's as a backup, I did 100's of loadouts in -30 degree weather at 3am in the morning, Traynor is tough. This amp appears of the same quality, time will tell, but I would bet it will hold up very well. Also, Traynor is not afraid to freely publish there schematics and engineering drawings! This alone is a valid consideration for my purchase. And best of all? Its North American made! Actually Canadian made! **Not Made in China! **

Features as told in other review... There are many! And they are all good. The USA/Brit switch is a interesting change for sounds, my preference being the usa mode. Line out, pre out-line in etc. Effex loop, 15-50 watt switching. Standby switch on front panel.