YCV40WR review by Traynor

Traynor: YCV40WR

Purchased from: Long and McQuade

I use a Godin LG SP90 with this. It has 2 Seymour Duncan single coil p90 soapbar pickups. It is awesome for blues, rock, and some lighter metal. Even though this amp is designed to not hum, it is very noisy even with lowish volumes. It is probably because of the pickups I am using. It has a nice classic rock crunch sound. The cleans are crystal clear and go very loud, but get distorted at higher volumes. The distortion can be very crunchy if you turn on the boost and lower the treble. This is the best sounding amp I have ever heard, except for the humming. With humbuckers I'm sure it would sound great.

Again this is great for classic rock and blues and some metal. I have been playing for 2 years and also own a Marshall MG30DFX, which makes me laugh when I play it after playing this amp. If it were stolen I might look at getting a smaller tube amp, because even though this is good value, it is still fairly pricy. I love the sound of it, but I don't like the noise it makes when not playing. I really like this amp and would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a tube amp.

I have only had it for a little while, but it seems a little shaky and not super sturdily built. The grille dents easily and whenever you move the amp, things rattle around in it a bit. It has not broken down yet, and seems like it will last for a fairly good length of time.

This is a 40 watt all tube amplifier with a 12" Celestion Vintage 30 speaker. 3 Sovtek 12AX7WA preamp tubes and 2 5881 power tubes. This has a wine red leatherette covering with an oatmeal coloured grille. This amp is great for classic rock, blues, and even metal. 2 channles one with gain. Comes with a 2 button footswitch for switching channles and turning on gain boost. Does not have a headphone jack. Tons of power, I use it only in my house. Also has reverb. This does not have a lot of features, but sounds great and is easy as pie to create great tones.

goobs
    it only rattles coz of the reverb tank. i want one but i just spent most of my money on a gnx3000. i bet that pwns ur mg. traynor > gnx3000 > dog s**t > mg