YCV50Blue review by Traynor

Traynor: YCV50Blue

Purchased from: Long and Mcquade

I play with my Epiphone Les Paul Standard, and I usually play through a DigiTech RP300A. I like to play rock to metal, and I can always match it to what I'm playing. It get's sort of noisy but not too much. But really, it's a great buy because of it's massive distortion. Even without my effects the distortion is just crazy once you crank it up loud enough, because it always sounds better loud. The clean channel is also very nice I've had no problems with it distorting once I start playing louder.

I like to play metal and this amp is perfect for it. When I say metal I mean Metallica and stuff like that. I've been playing for around 2 years, and I do own my first amp, but it's a pile of shit. If it were stolen, I might buy it, but it's quite expensive. I really love it's distortion and nothing about it is truely bad. I might just buy the extension speaker but not because I need it, just because it's cool. All in all it's a great amp, go buy one today!

Unfortunately, the amp did break down, it just plain didn't make any noise anymore. They said something about playing with the distortion too high but that's crazy. I got it fixed soon after and it was fine. I can depend on I would say and I would probably play without a backup, just because I'm too poor to afford one.

This Amp is great. It has two channels, Lead and Clean, and a boost for each one. It's all tube with EL34's and 12AX7 distortion tubes. (I think) I've had it for about a year now and it did once fail on me, but it was under warranty. It features an effects loop, an output for a cabinet sort of thing but unfortunately no headphone jack. I kind of wanted one. But anyways, it weighs 45 lbs, it's got enough power for anything, unless you're playing huge ass shows but even then, it's 50 watts tube.

Steel8909
    ICEMANN999 wrote: dude, i just bought the YCV50BLUE for 365 US!!!! I love it. IT's the sickest amp in the world. WoW
    Used or new? That's very cheap, considering where I live (near Pickering where Traynors are made) they go for $795 brand new at Long and McQuade
    nic_2090
    I got mine for $775 Cad from Musicstop. Normally they're more expensive, but they were matching the price that Buckley's music is selling them for.
    Sendrith
    wow this amp looks awesome, gonna have to check it out! i live in surrey too
    ICEMANN999
    james4
    ^how did you guys find it so cheap at L&M? at the Long and McQuade near me it costs that much (~$750) used
    Stingz.
    im considering to get 1 wen i get enough money (AUD$1,649.00) and thts the only retailer tht sells em xD, thx for thr reviews, they were really helpfull.