YCV50Blue review by Traynor

Traynor: YCV50Blue

Price paid: C$ 500

Purchased from: The Arts

My guitars include an ebmm axis, Ibanez pretiege, strat, gretsch. The sound out of this amp is killer. Clean is very powerful and clear. The gain channel is great, marshallish and od is thick and caries well. Its much fuller sounding and louder than I expected.

Great amp! I play rock, metal, rock a billy, blues etc... This amp does it all well. I've been play on and off for 20 years and have a variety of amps. Peavey 6505, Marshall 50, vox... This amps is my second favorite amp out the bunch. I plan to gig with it and practice as well.

Its heavy and built like a tank. You can tell they used quality components when you plug in cables they seat firmly. The build quality is top notch. I would depend on it for a gig... Why I bought it as an alternative to my 6505 2x12 in smaller venues. Plywood constructions, you can tell its well made.

Built around 2006. Purchased used. 50 watt 1x12 combo with two channels, pedal, celestion 30, effects loop and spring reverb. 2 el34s and 3 12ax7s. Three channels, clean, gain, od - solid foot switch. I like my amps with basic controls and seprate eq for each channel.

rv_phoenix
    Irocknroll1990 wrote: I am planning to buy this amp or a Peavey Classic 30. However, they say this amp has a more marshall-esque sound so that caught my eye. I want to try this out.
    Don't buy the Peavey, you'll feel the urge to replace its speaker. Buy the Traynor, since it has the very speaker you'll feel the need to install on Peavey!