YVC80Q 410 Combo review by Traynor

I play a Schecter C1 Classic with Seymour Duncan pickups and this amp sounds amazing with this guitar. The lead channel is beautifully full of nasty amounts of gain and te clean channel just sparkles. This amp is loud! I played with my band at below 4 level on both channels and on the master volume and my bass player told me to lower the volume cause it was too loud. Loudness was what I wanted considering what I play. At first, I thought that the amp having DC filament power supplies on the preamp tubes wasnt going to be as quiet as I thought, but this amp doesnt even make a hint of noise or hum. The accutronics long reverb is a very nice part of the amp. The reverb is just awesome. Now, I can use my Holy Grails flerb setting without losing reverb. The clean channel is awesome. Set it right and it can be loud without overdriving. My C1 classics pickups are pretty gainish so if I raise the guitars volume knob all the way up, the clean will overdrive but thats not a problem for me. Sweet Distortion and overdrive since I changed the tubes from all Sovtec's to a combination of REAL Svetlana power tubes, and a combination of Sovtec and EH preamps.

I've been playing for 8 years and this amp was just what I've been looking for. My guitar and pedals sound awesome thru this thing. If it were stolen, I'd probably buy two more. I love everything about it except maybe that the pots are really easy to move. If you blow hard enough on them they'll move, but thats not much of a problem. For the price, power, features and overall look, It beat out all my other choices for a combo amp. I do wish it had wheels. Not cause its 70 lbs are heavy but because its tall and a little difficult to carry because of that. If your looking for a nice tube amp that has plenty of gain, clean, and with 80 watts of tube power that you can use at a concert and at bedroom volume levels, this amp is the one. In fact, I'll recomend any Traynor amp cause if the biggest one is this good, then the smaller one must be just as good and reliable.

This amp is solid. The front grille ist just silver cloth, it's silver cloth over a steel grille to protect the speakers and the plywood cab is thick and sturdy. I would gig without a backup but of coarse would always bring spare tubes with me. Also, with Traynor's unlimited warranty, I could take a hammer fo this thing and for two years from the purchase date, they'll fix it without a cost to me. For ten years, they'll fix problems on the cabinet. I dont expect this thing to break down anytime soon.

This is one nast amp! I play alt. rock, some heavy stuff, and some clean stuff and this amp fills my needs every time. Its got one input, 2 channels; clean and lead, seperate EQ for both channels, 80 watts all tube power, series and parallel effects loops, external speaker out, headphone out, xlr out with Dynasound amp emulation, input and output volume on the effects loop, speaker defeat switch for silent practicing, accutronincs long reverb and probably some stuff that I'm missing...

giorgio1210
    nice, im really considering this amp to cause I really liked the YCV50 but I dont like the overdriven cleans so im considering this for more headspace.
    Lambda
    this amp is completely awesome. i just got it after playing on it for a while at my local music go round, and i think it is a badass amp for the price. it doesnt crap out and start farting like the solid state amps do, and is all around awesome.
    gregorisgod
    This amp is seriously the best-sounding amp in it's price range, I bought it for just under 500 quid and am so pleased with it. Great tone, really loud but with usable overdriven sounds at house volumes. Perfect 10 for me.