YVC80Q 410 Combo review by Traynor

Purchased from: West Seneca Music Center

I use a Razorback with Dimebag's configuaration ('59 and Dimebucker) and a Strat with Noiseless single coils. On clean with the '59, it sounds warm and full, and the dimebucker adds a little bit of treble to break up the tone. The single coils give you the traditional quack that so many love. The expander Switch adds some bass to the tone, while preventing breakup. The expander adds some treble glass and makes it sound almost acoustic. On distortion without the boost it's perfectly suited to classic/hard rock. The distortion is crunchy, but not exactely what you would consider modern. However, with the boost, you can lay down bone crushing riffs and screaming leads. Doesn't seem to have enough gain to pick up pinch harmonics very well, but that just might be my technique. With the neck pickup, you can get a fat lead sound perfect for solos, and the bridge pickup gives you a brutle crunch suited for fast palm muted riffs. Just a note of warning: do not use the scoop switch. Unless you like a muddy Nu-metal sound, it's better to leave it untouched. That doesn't stop me from giving this a 10 on sound though.

This amp is perfect for any style of music. Versatility, great tone, and durability similar to that of tank armor. I'd reccomend it to anyone Who needs a good tube amp on a low budget. If it was stolen, I'd definitely buy it again, but not after bludgeoning the thief Who took it. Great price, great amp, you can't go wrong.

I haven't really moved this amp around for gigging and such, but just from carting it up and down stairs in my house, it seems tough. I doubt it will have a problem standing up to the road. The one thing that annoys me is a high pitched squeal when the gain and treble are both cranked. It's happened in every model of this type that I played. Maybe it's just a manufacturing defect, or another problem, but I'm gonna take it to the shop where I bought it and see if they can't root around in there and fix the problem. Other than that, it's great.

This tube amp is probably the cream of the crop when it comes to features. Some people may look at it and say "Well it's only got 2 channels, I need x amount for this and x amount for that." However, you can juice so many sounds out of the amp that it's great for any style of music. The clean channel has two switches on it, for Brightness and the Expander, while the Dirty channel has two switches for boost and scoop. I use this amp mainly for bedroom practice, but bought it with gigging in mind. With master volume at 2, it is loud enough to rattle the house.

TastyMooglePie
    my friend got one of these for $330. I got mine for $420. These things go pretty cheap on ebay and sound incredible for the price!
    BigHeadClan
    Great amp handles peddles well, not quite what I would play but one of my guitarists left it at my place and it's great for rock-hard rock not so much metal but it can do it.(actually my entire band leaves everything at my place so I have 5 amps and speaker for the singer sitting in my room *annoyed*)