AC15C1 review by Vox

Vox: AC15C1

I have a pretty diverse style of play and quite various range of guitars. I have a Jackson DKMG, '87 Charvel 1A, and a Fender Telecaster with Vintage noiseless pickups. Bottom line is, this is a pretty simple amp that projects the sound of your guitar. I find the controls are similar to the Marshall JCM800. If you dime the bass it gets flubby and if you dime the treble it makes your wife bitch for hours on end. That being said, you can actually find just about any tone you're looking for somewhere in between those two extremes. The tone controls(bass and treble) actually have a wide range of sound. You have to be patient and put some time into it. As far as the dirt goes... It's good enough for AC/DC, Stones, Foo Fighters, or anything else just short of heavy metal. Also, this is the absolute loudest 15 watts you will ever hear. Seriously. No joke.

For someone who plays "straight up" rock, this is an ideal amp. It takes pedals well if needed. I have put everything from a Fulltone OCD to a Wampler Plextortion to an MXR Fullbore Metal on it and it took them all in stride. I had these pedals tweaked for a Fender Twin Reverb and had to totally retweak them, but what do you expect? After a few hours of playing around, I was very satisfied with what I was hearing.

I'm a hobbiest who jams with friends on a weekly/bi-weekly basis, so I will report back on this. It appears to be fairly well constructed, but only time will tell. I do have to say, I like the "dogbone" style handle. Anything that makes transportation easie gets a thumbs up from me!

You already know about the amp features, I presume. You can find all the data and info you need from the manufacturer website and from about 10,000 other guitar and gear websites. This is a very simple amp design. The Normal channel has a volume control and the Top Boost channel has volume, bass, and Treble controls. This is a Master Volume amp also.

MaggaraMarine
    TheCronan wrote: The tubes need to be replaced every couple of years, under normal playing
    The tubes need to be replaced when they need to be replaced, meaning that if they become microphonic or blow up or you just don't like how your amp sounds. Then you should replace them. I'm not sure how old my Laney VC30 tubes are but the amp is over 10 years old. I bought it used and the previous owner bought it used and he didn't change the tubes when he had it. So they might be as old as my amp is. One of my pre amp tubes was microphonic and I replaced it.
    crazymetalheadn
    I just picked one up the other day, replaced my Marshall Class 5. The Class 5 was an awesome amp but it wasn't doing it for me. It was hard to go between, blues, rock, and metal on the Marshall but on this amp, it is perfect. There's a volume for the Normal channel and one for the Top Boost channel as well as Master Volume and Master Tone. I use an Ibanez RG3EXFM1, a Gibson Explorer, and a cheap Fender Squier that was given to me, all with factory pickups. The pedals I use are Boss' MT2, DS1, BD2, BF3, CS3, GE7, Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi, Dunlop Cry Baby and a Digitech Whammy 4. I play AC/DC, SRV, Metallica, SOAD, Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Kreator, Mastodon, and the list goes on.
    odywahwah
    hey guys, im about to buy this amp.do you think its worth it?i have watched many videos about problems of this particular amp and after reading the comments i believe that the valves and tubes of this amp cause the problems.so i think that changing the valves is the only sollution!what do you think =)?