AC15C1 review by Vox

Vox: AC15C1

For the Most part I use my Austin Telecaster and Fender Startacaster and I play country, rock and a little jazz with this amp. This amp is awesome you can go from smooth jazz to a gritty country style. The distortion gets on my bad side sometimes, because somethings I would like to practice some rock music and I can with out turning it up all the way.

This amp is awesome for my style of music. This amp was one of my personal favorites for the money I spent one it. I've been playing for around 6 years. Some other gear I have is a Sting Ray by Dr. Z. That is an amazing amp as well as this one. If this amp were stolen, I would go to the nearest place that sells them and buy it hands down. I really would like to own a Vox Night Train or a Z Wreck made by Dr. Z. This amp is the best amp I've ever play and a order another one to use as by backup a few days ago.

This amp is very dependable. I use it almost every day for at least 3 hour and I've never had a problem with it. Would I use it on a gig without a backup? Yes This thing has A least a few days.

This amp is awesome for the type of music I play. I use this amp to play country, classic rock and jazz. The only thing I wish it had would had a setting to get distortion at a lower volume. The other thing I would add to this amp is presettings. I use this amp for everything.

sg4ever
    I've had the amp for about one year. No problems yet. I figure little quibbles that happen after the first year or two is normal anyway, but there have been none.
    garystevens004
    First off, this amp is great for the money! Classic Vox warmth and chimeyness.  Probably due to the 15 watts, this amp does not have much clean headroom. The amp distorts very quickly and as someone who needs a clean chimey tone, this was a bit of a obstacle to hurdle. Bottom line is that, unless you want a dirty tone, you will need to mic this amp for any medium to large sized gigs, if you want to keep it clean. I do practice with earplugs, but I have the master vol. maxed every single time I practice. It's that bad. It's just something to work around, and honestly, it's expected out of a 15 watt amp.Portable, warm, great for rhythm. If you want more lead, go AC30. Bigger & better. I also picked the Vox AC15C1 as one of my top choices amps for telecaster on my blog - https://bestamps.net/top-telecaster/