AC15CC1 review by Vox

Vox: AC15CC1

Purchased from: eBay

I use this with a PRS Custom Semi-Hollowbody (2 humbuckers, mahogany body) and it sounds great. The cleans are full and warm, with perfect bass response, and beautiful chime on the high-end. The amp is british-voiced, so the Drive is great for those Led Zep tones, and does great for Vintage stuff. You need to crank it for more gain, or a clean boost or OD for higher gain stuff. It suits my style fine, which is blues, rock, Indie and stuff. I play a lot of different things actually, but the Vox can keep up. I use a Little Big Muff on it for some really get tones, works great for higher gain stuff.

My overall impression of this amp is that the amp just kills it. It's got absolutely charming cleans, and the Drive is smooth. It's great for my style, and I'm completely happy with it. I compared it to a Fender Blues Jr., which I liked, but the Vox was just better for me. If this was stolen, I'd track down the kid and beat HIM. Then buy another for the giggles.

This thing is built like a tank, albeit a lot classier. It's nearly 60 pounds, but it looks like I could throw it out of my window and it would still work (I'm on the 3rd floor.) It's never broken down on me, but I don't exactly neglect it, or thrash it. I would gig with it without a backup.

The Vox AC15 Custom Classic (Wharfedale speaker) is a wonderful sounding amp, with straight-forward features, and just plain good tone. It's a single channel valve/tube amp, with master volume, which means you have to crack the 'Top Boost' channel volume for your preamp Drive. It has reverb and tremolo, which has depth and speed controls. Both are footswitchable with an included footswitch, which is solidly built. I use this amp for practices, and small gigs, where it has enough power. It is just 15 watts, so don't expect it to fill an arena, but it is tube, so it can get pretty friggin' loud.