AC15CC1 review by Vox

Vox: AC15CC1

Purchased from: Can't remember

The AC15CC1 is a thin sounding amp. I have used a few different guitars with it, recently a Burns red special, single coils but use two at a time: Using a clean tone with the master voll right up and the top boost on about 9 olcock with the EQ's set with bass on about 4 oclock and the trebble set on about 9 it is still a bright and actualy really nice tone, but with the bass controll so high and to get such a bright sound is strange! The red special is a thick sounding guitar as it is which makes it all the stranger, however the clean tone I get is nice so I can't complain really. The Overdrive however isnt good! This is with the master lowerd down a bit and the top boost turned right up, it just seems to be either realy mucky or realy thin with nothing inbetween, however I use an Ibanez tube screamer for an overdrive tone ontop of the clean tone I spoke about earlier which sounds pritty good, and another tube overdrive pedal ontop of that for a lead sound which does me fine! Ill give it a 7 again tone wise because it has a lovely clean tone when set right, but I've had no joy with the OD... might just be somthing I've been doing wrong but I've tried many different guitars and settings and had no joy with it.

I play in two different bands, one of which "The Dockers" is a clasic rock/ rock and roll band that plays stuff such as Queen, Bad Company, The Beatles, Hendrix, T Rex, The Stones ETC. www.youtube.com/thedockers1 (Give us a listen haha) the other band does slightly different stuff such as crosby stills and nash, doubie brothers, rodger glover (love is all) etc. Id say it suits these styles of music ok if you have a decent tube overdrive pedal to replace the amps own Drive but to be honest I wouldn't reccomend buying it, there are loads of better amps you can get for the price in my opinion. The sound just isnt anywhere near BIG enough! Its a nice tone but I have to carry another amp the same size around that it links up to and even that isnt loud enough somtimes! I do like the amp but if I could swap it for somthing else in the same price range I would! I Will give it a 7 overall, its a good amp but personaly I don't think its quite good enough or loud enough! P.s. I will rate my spelling through out this review a 0!

Never had any problems with it, seems really well made.

I am a 19 year old, been playing for almost 5 years. I bought the amp in 2008, 15 watt tube amp with a brilliant trem system on it, and a very basic cheap sounding reverb. Unfortunately in a 3 piece band I use reverb and never use trem! I use the amp for gigging in pritty standard sized pubs & clubs in liverpool and on a clean sound it is not even nearly loud enough so I have to link it up to a small 60 watt 2x12 portable marshal PA.. Becomes a pain carrying two amps round with me! I give it a 7 Because I do like the amp but if I was going to spend 450 on an amp again it wouldn't be this one.