AC15CC1 review by Vox

Vox: AC15CC1

Purchased from: eBay

I play a wide variety of music mainly stuff like Guns N Roses, Nirvana, Iron Maiden, Pixies and Red Hot Chili Peppers. Although it has no fx loop or distortion channel I bought this guitar for that warm tube sound which you can't really get from the solid state amps. I use this with a Boss ME-70 and a Gretsch Pro Jet and to be honest the sound kicks ass, you can get any sound you want with it even the modern high gain metal stuff. I would probably say that there's no genre of music this amp can't handle just as long as you've got the correct settings for the sound you want.

Overall I think this is a top amp and definatly worth the money or though I'm not sure about 500 qyid for one though because I think you could get better. But as soon as I first played one I knew this was the amp for me and its suited me well know for well over a year and is very good. If it were stolen depending on the price I would probably buy a new one but if I had 500 I would go for a more powerful tube amp. The warm tube sound has to be thie highlight of this amp its just awesome. Another thing I love about this amp is that its so basic and easy to use. The only thing that I wish it had was a distortion channel but I can't really gripe at the price I bought it ( 285).

My amp has never broken down on me and I don't play with a backup I'd say because of what I've heard about other AC15's that this model is about 90% reliable to gig without a backup.I have never had the amp serviced and probly won't need to for some time. I'm basically trying to fill up some more charcters so I can finish the review because all I need to say is that its about 90% reliable and you shouldn't worry about it breaking down if you get one really.

- Power Output: 15 Watts RMS into an 8 or 16 ohm loudspeaker load. - Internal speaker: 16 ohm, 12", 30 Watt VOX/Wharfedale Custom - model AC15CC - Valve/tube complement: 2 x EL84/6BQ5 & 2 x 12AX7/ECC83. - Rectifier: silicon rectifier with passive SAG circuit. - Mains input: preset 100V or 120V or 230V or 240 V ~ 50 or 60 Hz depending on country of sale. Please see Rating Plate on rear of amplifier for exact specification. - Dimensions: AC15CC1 (WxDxH) 732mm (28.82") x 261.9mm (10.31") x 440mm (17.32") - Weight: AC15CC1 21.6Kgs (47.62lbs) Comes with a fotswitch to turn on tremolo and reverb effects no distortion I'm afraid. I gig with this amp and although I opnly play small venues it has plenty of power for the job. It also has no fx loop.