AC1 Mini Combo review by Vox

Vox: AC1 Mini Combo

I use this with a Squier Strat with stock single coils. I also use a Marshall Bluesbreaker pedal. I play blues and classic rock, and this fits that pretty well. I get feedback from it if the gain and volume are all the way up, and I'm using the pedal, and the mid pickup is really close to it. But other than that, no noise. Today I put gain and volume on full, with the drive and volume all the way up on the bluesbreaker, and it had barely any noise. Its funny, really, because the cut down, it is on a crunch sort of sound. When your battery gets low, the sound sucks. If the sound ever deteriorates, pop a new battery in and it should be good. It has a headphone jack, but that sucks. I turn the cut up with gain at 3 or so to get a nice clean, creamy sound.

This is an awesome match for my music, and I love it. Obviously, this amp is nowhere near as good as a real large amp, but for its size it's awesome. If it where stolen, I'd find the thief, kick his ass, and get it back. I might compare it with a Fender or Marshall mini amp. If it had EQ, it would be perfect, but for now, it's good. Anyone looking for a small amp should buy this.

AC1 Mini Combo amplifier is a compact battery operated guitar amp that pumps out 1-Watt of classic Vox tone through Twin speakers. Designed to replicate the classic look of a vintage Vox AC30, the new Vox AC1 provides the guitarist with sounds that range from clean to classic overdrive with smooth tone, but at considerably lower volume levels - perfect for late night practice. Measuring a mere 6 1/2" x 4 7/8" x 2 5/8" the Vox AC1 Mini Combo features volume, high cut and gain controls with authentic Vox pointer knobs, as well as a headphone jack which mutes the internal speakers for truly private practice. In addition, the Vox AC1 has an on/off led indicator and the Input jack serves as a On/Off switch which turns the amplifier's power when a guitar cable is plugged in. The Vox AC1 Mini Combo amplifier is powered by a 9-volt battery, and an optional AC adapter is also available.