AC30CC2 review by Vox

Vox: AC30CC2

Purchased from: local store

I am lucky enough to have and Gibson Les Paul and Fender Tele. The amp brings out each own's characters. Through the clean with the tele, cystal clear rythm with warm, harmonic sound and plenty of head room. The gibson thru the Top boost, it's simlpe heaven for classic rocks or a blue monster. You will get the classic crunchy sound from Vox and if you want to enhance this further, you can blend two channels by switching a toggle to give you a fatter, bigger sound. If you like punk, metals, this amp on its own can't give you what you want as this is a vintage amp for pure tone, not distortion, but once you have a good pedal (I have a Vox Bulldog Distortion as well). Ultimate metal sound with extreme distortion and ultimate clearity. This amp does a little hum (barely audiable). But so as I've heard that is normal. This amp is bloody loud, it can beat any solid state amp at around 120 watts on volume any day. Thru the master volume control it can perform in a quiter maner but it will thin out the sound. For the Tone it sings out, I would give it a 11 if I could! stunning sound.

I have been playing for 1.5 years and I play variety of stuff like Radiohead, Guns N' Roses, Green Day etc. This amp can easily be the best amp I have ever had (I had a crap berinhger and a fantastic Marshall AVT20). If this was stolen, I will feel pity to the one who did as he must be suffering from a serious backache from carrying this thing around.

I have the amp for only a month so can't really tell about the reliability. But suppose most of you have heard the poor reliability history of this amp. Beside, changing tubes in this amp is a pain as they are not open to air. But the build quality of mine is very good, very solid and backbreaking heavy (32KG).

This is the new update version of the classic Vox AC30. All new this yr and yes, it is made in China! But the quality is no less than the English built. Say everyone knows the features. Class A all Tubes (3x ECC83 4x EL84 and 1 GZ 34) crack out 22 or 33 watts tubepower! 2 channels (they are not footswitchable) clean and top boost. Brillance switch on clean channel (think bright switch in Fender). EQ with treble and bass and and custom/standard toggle. reverb (tone, mix control with dwell toggle) and tremo (speed and depth), a cut control and most importantly a master volume! There is a effect loop with true bypass and extention cab output.

Thunderstrucked
    ohhh, your lucky! playing 1,5 years and has this amp fender tele gibson LP standard, marshall avt.... can you give me some of your money?
    maisey ferret
    Just got back from a local music store having played this. I WANT IT SO BAD. Its just so warm and beautiful and i only got it turnd up to 4! lol. I realy wana try some pedals out on it. I can only dream of how the distortion will sound lol.