AC4 review by Vox

Vox: AC4

Purchased from: Guitarcenter.com

I'm am running a MIM Standard Stratocaster and occasionally my Epiphone Standard Les Paul through it. With my stratocaster I can nail the Jimi Hendrix tone with my Little Big Muff, and with my Les Paul I can get Slash's tone relativly close. If you want to get more distorted with this amp you'll have to get some pedals as there are no EQ settings like gain built into the amp. The AC4TV excells at those classic rock tones (Hendrix, Clapton, Zeppelin) and through my LIttle Big Muff and V847 Wah Pedal I can get good Sabbath tones and have a great Wah sound. Through no pedals the clean sound is excellent, but as you turn up the volume it does get more distorted.

Overall I think this is a great amp for someone who is playing small gigs or in their bedroom and on a budget. I can create a tone for everything I need to play from Clean to that Classic Rock Crunch to that Fuzzy Sabbath sound. If you're into metal a lot I don't recommend this as it probably won't be able to handle it so well. If this were stolen I would buy it again in a heartbeat, and I also have friends telling me they love it when they come over to my house just to play on my AC4TV.

I have had this amp for half a year now and I have had no problems. I would defintely use this amp to gig for small bars and gigs without a backup as I know I can rely on it. I have not had to change the tubes on it yet and I play at least 3 hours a day. So far I have hit a couple walls and stuff with it but there are no scratches and it still plays like it was brand new.

This amp is exceptional at creating great tones for classic rock and Rock. It has that great Vox sound in a small, compact, all-tube amp. This is a very user friendly amp as it only as three knobs. One knob switches the watts being used and you can switch between 4 watts, 1 watt, and 1/4 watt. The second knob is for tone, which adjusts treble and bass, and the last knob is volume. This is the perfect amp for bedroom practice, and I can still Jam with my friends when I need to.

Duv
    ismailchlyeh wrote: Do pedals work nice with it? )
    well it doesn't have an FX loop but it's fine with pedals. an EQ pedal is also pretty essential with this since it only has a tone and volume knob.