AC4 review by Vox

Vox: AC4

+I use my Johnson Catalyst on it. It's an HH guitar and I usually use the neck or bridge positions. Rarely the middle position. +It suits my style just fine. I love a good clean tone and I pick pretty heavy, so I naturally break it up a little bit from my hard picking. +It's not too noisy when you aren't playing. It can get quite loud on the 4 watt setting. I usually have the volume around 2-5 (out of 10) depending on the watt. I usually play in my bedroom. +It has a great clean tone, which I love. It sounds nice with a little bit of overdrive. When you crank it really loud, it starts to get kind of muddy. It's good for blues and some classic rock. +To distort it, you just have to crank the volume up. Anything past 5 (out of 10) is pretty distorted. +The distortion is not very brutal at all.

+I play mostly classic rock stuff like Jimi Hendrix and Bob Dylan. I also play some old school punk like MC5, Sex Pistols, and the Clash. I do have some other types of bands out there. I usually don't stray too far from rock or blues. The amp is a great match for this. +I have been playing for over 2 years now. I also have a Johnson Catalyst, a Yamaha F335, an Ibanez WH10v2, monster cables, and jim Dunlop tortex .88mm picks. +I don't really think there is anything I had asked before buying it. +If it was stolen or lost I would probably try out some other low watt tube amps and decide from there if I want to try anything else or not. +I love it's clean tones. I don't really like that it only has one tone control. I wish it had treble, middle, and bass. My favorite feature is probably the ability to change the wattage to sound different. +I did compare it to other products. I compared it to an Epiphone Valve Junior and a Bugera V5. I chose this one because of the wattage changing, the tone control, and the price. +Again, I wish it had treble, bass, and middle controls.

+I can depend on it. I would probably be able to gig with it so long as it was to a smaller crowd. I don't know if a drummer would overpower it or not. It can get surprisingly loud. I would probably have to gig without a backup because I don't have one. +It has never broken down.

+I don't know when it was made. I'm assuming that it had to have been made sometime in early 2010 or sometime in 2009 because I bought it new. +I would say that the amp is versatile for the styles of music I play. I usually play classic rock, blues, funk, folk, prog, punk, and any combination of those. +It has one channel, no channel switching, no effects, and no headphone jack. +I would like it if it had more tone control options such as bass, middle, and treble because the basic "tone" knob doesn't cover mid range very much. I pretty much use everything except the extension to connect to a cab because I don't have or use a cabinet. +I use this amp mostly in my bedroom. I have used it once for a talent show in a gymnasium to a few hundred people. It has enough power for bedroom jamming and it can actually get quite loud. I didn't even have the volume at half way when I played the talent show. +It's a 4watt tube amp. You can Switch to 1 watt or 1/10 watt. It's just got volume and tone knobs.