AD100VT review by Vox

Vox: AD100VT

I tried about 10 amps at the store with my cheap Ibanez GRG170DX and what can I say, this one stood out. The others had a bland sound, and didn't differ much from my current amp. But the AD100VT made it sound like a Gibson SG. This amp is mainly for metal, or rock players but you can get a brilliant clean tone out of it if you muck around with it enough. The effects all sounded brilliant but the most effiecient of these I think were the wah, the phaser, and echo. The wah could have been a bit more powerfull but it was still as good as you are going to get it without getting a pedal. The phaser made it sound like you are at the beach whilst playing your guitar, as it made a great woosh sound to it. And the echo was good for solos as it made the notes sound much clearer. The best thing about it is it's gain. When Vox said it was a high gain, they werent lieing. You can set it to 5 and it sounds like it's set to 10. Great for that edgy metal sound, or AC/DC tone.

I mainly play metal like Disturbed, SOAD, Lamb Of God etc and if you set it to nu metal it's great for SOAD and Disturbed and if you switch it to normal gain it's great for Lamb Of God, Metallica etc. I've been playing for about a year, and I'm glad to say I can have the best sooner rather than later. For the price of 899 aus dollars it was great. The man at the store even said I may never ever need to upgrade my amp ever again if I purchase it. It was the top of the top of all the Marshall amps and spiders I tried. It has anything a guitarist needs, whether it is effects, or tone. I am buying it in a week.

I asked the man in the store if it would last long and he said that his friend owns one that is is in a professional band and he uses it in small venues, so he doesn't have to bring his massive stack of amps, because it still delivers the punch. He said he has had it for about 5 years so I guess that's pretty good, especially when it's being driven in a truck to gigs.

I tried this amp out at the store. What can I say, I was blown away from the start. It has around eleven effects, wah, phaser, echo being the most efficient of them all. It also has many setting such as nu metal which was my favourite. It also has a two way Switch pedal that is easy to use, just select a mode on both of the channels and then step on 1 or 2 to change between the two. You can go from tom morello to Slash in an instant. It also has treble, mid, bass, and all of the other things essential in a good amp. It's also a tube amp, which are my personal favourites.