AD100VTH review by Vox

Vox: AD100VTH

Purchased from: eBay

I'm using this with a Warlock NJ, which is pretty versatile in terms of styles. I can get it to sound really nice clean, right through to bone crunching distortion. But if you're like me and can't settle on one exact style, the amp will go where you want it to. I mainly play metal and the amp does an excellent job, but like I said, the thing produces pretty good clean sounds too. How brutal is the distortion? Switch it to 'nu-metal', max the gain, put master to full and then adjust volume with the amount of watts going into the amp (little knob on the back). Distortion gets brutal.

I'm personally against how everyone talks about "if this was stolen I'd probably..." but if someone managed to steal it on my watch, I'd only not get another cause I would buy something completely different. I only bought this in the first place cause it was going cheap on eBay. But I'm happy with it. I've been playing guitar for around 8 years now and this is keeping me happy for the moment. If you are looking for a non-tube half stack with the versatility of 11 amps then this is the one to check out.

This thing rocks. It's hybrid so you don't have to fret over tubes or valves and etc. You wouldn't need a backup, it's reliable. In terms of non-tube/valve amps, this is a pretty damn good amp and will be suitable for amateurs/pros. It would gig to a certain extent.

Amp was made in 2006. This amp is extremely versatile. It models 11 amps ranging from Boutique Clean/OD to AD30 to Numetal to US High Gain. The range of cleans and overdrives/distortions you can find yourself playing on are pretty amazing when you consider it's all built in. It has 2 footswitching channels and a preset channel. It's also got a bunch of effects (auto wah, compression, chorus, trem, phaser, rotary, delay etc) and all are pretty versatile (can change how they sound). This thing goes about as far as possible in terms of auto effects.

AngryGoldfish
    I have the AD30Vt and i love it to pieces, i mean if i had the cash i'd go for a Messy Boogie but i dont need to!! The amp i have does everything that i want it to do except do large venues as its only 30 watt! But is the 100 watt half stack actually a tube amp with vavles jst like the AD30 jst bigger?