AD100VTH review by Vox

Vox: AD100VTH

Oh man. This thing can make my guitars weep, or destroy. Like I said, I play in a thrash/metal band and this will rip people's heads off, or it'll heal people's souls. No noise at all. Even on super distortion. Not even with single coils. You don't get ANY buzz or hum from it unless your right on top of it adjusting your settings.

I'd say this amp will fit a lot of people Who have mixed playing styles or like versatility. If you want something heavier than this, though, you'll have to get a MESA. That's the only thing that will be any heavier in distortion than this. I'm not kidding. I played a Randall and several Marshalls at guitar center, then I played this. Then I played the MESA. MESA was 1300. Vox was 400. And the MESA only sounded a little bit better than this, because obviously it's a MESA and is 1300. But anyway, this thing can be a savage meat-eating, baby-killing monster, or the complete opposite. Think of your own analogy. I love this amp.

I've done 5 full gigs at local clubs with this amp, and it's held out incredibly well. I can't say that for the cab. But that's because it fell out of my truck. It still works but looks horrible. Anyway, this amp doesn't really require any maintenence with tubes and whatnot since it's all fake tube. But it still can sound every bit lik eone.

This amp is absolutely amazing in terms of versatility. It has pretty much every amp style anyone would ever need, all with a tweakable EQ. 11 whole modes. Literally, EVERY style anyone would need. I play in a heavy/thras metal band, and not only can I use this amp to create classical sounding music, acoustic sounding stuff, and older reggae, but I can make people's head's explode with the Nu-Metal and Modern UK settings on it. It has an output jack for recording, and it has a nifty Watt rating knob on the back, so you can have your master volume all the way up to get the distortion you want, but keep it quiet. Oh, did I mention the effects? It has 11 effects! Flange, Chorus, Delay, ahh everything you need. And a nifty little effects volume knob, and a tap button to time the effect distance. Like speed up your delay, or slow it down to about 6 seconds. It's crazy.

Dante_Ravenkin
    AdamantGuitar74
    i've had this for like a month and a half, got a killer deal 420 bucks for both amp head and cab (also a free blunt ;] lol, notice the price)
    cyclefreak207
    foolishguitar
    hey, im pretty convinced but i need some other opinions, this is better than a mg100 for like metal and gigging right
    antonzm
    cyclefreak207 wrote: Dante_Ravenkin wrote: I got this amp 2 days ago after weeks of debating over a Line 6 Spider III. So far, I'm REALLY glad I chose this one. It's a well made, very versatile amp. i was lookin at the small 100$ spider, and the 200$ version of this one, and the vox blows it away. but i was wondering, i am thinking about trying to trade in my marshall mg, and get this here vox stack, to guitar center, does anyone think i will get good money for it there, its in good condition.
    i think you're not going to get good money for the MG because its made on china and its reliability and durability are so so so bad... but... if you have money.. you can buy one of AD100VTH, and i recomend you the vox AD212 Cab, this combination sound pretty good!!!...
    Death-Reaper
    tmv91 wrote: is it a head or half stack?
    It's sold as half stack, but you can wire another cab to it, you'll have full stack