AD100VTH review by Vox

Vox: AD100VTH

Purchased from: Klomp Muziek - Den Bosch - Netherlands

I'm using an Epiphone Les Paul Custom EB with it (the black one, yes), with the default pickups. It sounds just great. I mostly play it with my band, we play punkrock, and some harder stuff sometimes, and the amp is doing great at that! At home I play trash metal, or just heavy metal, and the distortion is just brutal. Unbelievable. And the good thing is, no buzzes or noise at all! Even at high volume the clean nor the overdrive channels distort. Only a bit when you're next to it to set your settings it might buzz a little at high volume.

Before this amp I played on a Line 6 Spider II. When I bought that one, I felt comfortable with the sound of it, but that was when I played guitar like 1 year, so I was kinda ignorant I think, since I really don't like the sound of it anymore. The Vox is a way better amp, I really love it's sound, but also it's appearance. I compared it with other sortlike amps, like Marshall Valvestate, MG100HDFX (I hate that one) and some London City's. If it were stoled I'd soo get it back. In any way possible.

I can't say anything about it's durability, since I purchased it like half a year ago. But it has never broken down. Not even the tiniest bit. But I really trust Vox, I would use backup though, you can't predict what may happen. "They are designed to be guitarist-friendly and easy to use." As the Vox website says about this amp. I agree with that!

I love this amp. It has everything, and then I really mean everything you could wish for. 11 different presets, which you can manually change the settings from. It goes from very clean, to freakin trash sounds. Also there are 11 effects (such as comp, delay, phaser, chorus, reverb, and mixes between em) which you can set the time duration of (tap button, and potmeter for reverb, phaser, chorus). There's a bypass button to Switch them off/on, which also works on a footswitch (I have an Ibanez Switch, which also works on it). There are 2 channels where you can "write" your settings into, and you can also Switch between those two with the footswitch. There's EQ, and with the Gain and Volume you can get almost every kind of distortion you want to. It has footswitch output, effect send and return outputs, 2 speaker outputs, and a feature to manage the wattage going out of your amp into your cab. That last one is very useful, you can turn the amp up very very loud, and with that feature you can keep it quiet. This amp is partly tube, partly solid state, but it sounds just like a complete tube amp.

Death-Reaper
    ac22cvu wrote: does it come with a footswitch?
    No, and the original footswitch is quite expensive.. But Ibanez has a universal footswitch which also works fine with this amp.. I've got that myself