AD100VTH review by Vox

Vox: AD100VTH

I normally play a Mexican re-issue strat with this because I love the strange distortion I get from this. This is a very quiet amp as far as hums and whatever else go. Clean channels really don't distort that much until you get to extreme volume. Like I said before, the distortion really held it's own against a Marshall JCM2000.

Overall this amp is good for what I play and great for what it is. The cost can't be beat for the overall pounding that it pumps out. That being said, when I can afford it, I'll go with the Marshall. This amp does NOT appear to be that sturdy, so I would avoid drops of any kind. All in all though, I'm pretty happy with the amp. If you're strapped for cash but truly need more power, this amp can really help you out.

This has been a great amp for me, but it bit me in the rear one night as I was just getting ready to rock on stage and the power gave on me. It ended up being a relay of some sort internally that had to be replaced. This was covered by the warranty, but it sure is scary.

I bought this head after playing it in a room full of Marshall JCM 2000s and it held it's own. This is a solid state amp with a tube pre-amp. It has (I believe) 8 different amp sounds to choose from (4 clean, 4 dirty). The dirty range from classic Vox, to Marshall, to Mesa Rectifier. The Marshall setting is easily the most crunch with my setup. A two channel footswitch is available for this amp but comes with a short cord. I use it as my main stage amp and play original rock (more towards heavy) and it's 100 w are plenty of power for all the venues I've played so far. It does have built in EFX, but I'm not impressed with most of them.

keavader
    foolishguitar wrote: hey, im pretty convinced but i need some other opinions, this is better than a mg100 for like metal and gigging right
    yeah. the mg 100 is absolutely one of the worst amps. read the reviews man. but this is fantastic from metal from what i hear. im thinkin' of goin vox for my next amp, but i think i'd rather get a cheaper 100 watt combo and skip the effects, i prefer my pedals.
    Geeeeezer
    okayy at the risk of sounding like a fool let me tell u first im a bit of a novice... i dont know too much about technical stuff and i focus more on playin than how amazin my equipment is. So could someone tell me Does the AD100VTH contain speakers? or do u HAVE to have a cab to connect it up 2? any serious responses would be much appreciated
    -ET-
    wait...you can plug this sucker into pretty much any other cab...right? and...it's a solid state...AND tube?
    ivri
    the head is like most other heads out there- full tube, hybrid or solidstate- you can plug it into most any cab. i have the 100w combo and love it. Marshall MG line sux totally versus this. i had the marshall 30w before getting the vox and even with my wooden ears i can tell you the vox kicks the crap outta the marshall.
    Spachula
    I'm definitely getting this head! But does anyone know of a good, cheap cabinet to go with it?