AD120VT review by Vox

Vox: AD120VT

My guitar has two EMG humbuckers on it but I don't think they make much of a difference. The amp can adapt to what I want. I play a little bit of everything (except country) and this amp will give me the sounds I want and more! You can get very clean sounds (they get a little distorted at really high volumes though, but that might be my guitar) and then instantly switch to massive distortion. The best thing about it is how you can get tones out of it that sound just like famous artists. I do renditions of "Sweet Child O' Mine," "Master Of Puppets," "Johnny B. Goode," "Sweet Home Alabama" and a bunch of other famous songs when I'm on the phone and my friends think I'm listening to a cd until I make a mistake. But this amp is not just to get sweet sounding tones out of. It is loud. My neighbors can hear me when I crank up the volume, and I dont live in a tight neighborhood. Theres at least 40 feet between my house and my neighbor's. Once again, I should give this amp more than a 10.

As I said I bought this used. Best deal of my life! $488 for an amp that I could see selling for over 2000? I don't think I'd really "lose" it, but if it was ever stolen I'd find the guy/girl who did it and beat the everloving snot out of them. This amp is a must have for guitarist into many styles of music because it will fit everyone of them perfectly. I can't think of a thing I don't like about it. The only thing I'd ever replace this with would be a bigger version. I almost paid more for a Vox AD100VT which has a fraction of the greatness of this amp. I am so glad I didnt. But I was lucky enough to find a used one. The sale price on a new one of these is like $1200. The only thing that I'd add to this would be a babe-magnet so that hot girls would come wandering into my basement and fall head-over-heels for my guitaring greatness. Not really a musical feature, but who wouldnt want one of those? Well, that's about all I've got. If you're not considering one of these, at least try it out and get a taste of the heavenly tone. For the third time, it deserves more than a 10. I'd rank it at about 20 on a 1-10 scale.

I bought this amp used, but it was and still is in perfect condition. Haven't had a single problem with it yet. I've hit it against the wall while moving it, but it hasnt effected it at all. I don't gig, but if I did, this would be the only amp I'd use. Overall this is a very reliable amp. And obviously durable too.

This has got to be the most versatile amp I've ever seen. There are so many different effects. It offers you 16 different amp types, 5 different must-have modulation effects, 3 different types of delay with tap setting, 3 different types of echo, and 10 different "drives." If you do that math, thats like 7200 different possible effects! It can store up to 32 different settings in the easy-to-use banks. Each of these banks is preset with many artist influenced settings and others as well. I have an ESP F-250 guitar that I run through this and I can get just about any sound I want out of it. I'll even run my acoustic through it with my Dean Markley pickup. I can play Master of Puppets on it and sound just like the recording. This amp is also built to fit other needs. On the back there is an output jack and also a knob that allows you to change how much output power you want from the amp alone, so you don't always have to use both speakers and all 120 watts. It has a high and a low input (I'm guessing the same as active/passive inputs). I dont really have a need for these, except for when my friends come over with their guitars and wanna play on it, too. It handles two guitars just fine. One of the most useful things on this amp is the built in tuner. I am utterly enthralled with the features of this amp. It should be ranked higher than 10.

a-fmaster15
    awesome amp, just bought a new one along with a sg standard and they rock. there are so many effects. best amp i have ever played on
    ArcherTheVMan
    how did you nearly pay more for an ad100vt? someone must ave bin ripping you off good thats not half as good as the ad120vt.
    Kendall
    Many amps have tons of effects, few have tons of effects that actually sound good. I'm very proud to own my AD120VT and don't see myself parting with it anytime soon.
    Kendall
    I can understand getting one for $488. I only paid $500 for mine.
    DaPixelDude
    I live in Mexico City. I am looking for one of this amps. I found the AD60VT version at one of the most serious music stores for more than 1,300 USD!!!!! I cant believe how much they increase the prices and I can only imagine the price for the AD120VT!!!! F*** them!!!
    DaPixelDude
    TMV315
    Does anyone know where to buy this online? I can't seem to find it anywhere, has this been discontinued or something?
    powerslave69
    DaPixelDude wrote: Which amp would you choose between a VOX AD120VT and a Line 6 Flextone III XL? Does anyone have experience choosing between these two?
    the vox MOST DEFIENTLY