AD120VT review by Vox

Vox: AD120VT

Purchased from: eBay

The sound is amazing, truly amazing. The amp replicates the best of guitar amps so closely that it is virtually impossible to tell them apart in a live gigging environment. THe Vox AC-30 and AC-30 TB sound the best which is to be expected but the US High gain and Blackface models are very good indeed.

These amps are absolutely brilliant for gigiing musicians of all sorts. If you're not an effects junky yo can get by with what is provided and have your choice of classic amps. Teamed up with the VC-12 footpedal this is an absolutely killer rig and bloody loud. I have other "All-valve" amps at home but they don't get out much now I have this beauty. If you see one of these blue amps buy it and if needs be fix it. They are true modern classics!

This is where the amp falls down a little... but hold on all is not lost! The amp I bougt was well gigged and had been stored in a garage. At first all seemed fine then it started making all sorts of grumbling noises and only the left side of the stereo amp was working. I took the amp apart and found that the right FX-Loop connection had a dry joint and that some of the inputs were a bit dirty. To be on the safe side I ordered all new high quality input jacks and replaced the old ones. Job done I now have a very reliable and robust amp.

The amp has every amp and the majority of effects you will need to get any sound you want the 2x60 watt amp is very loud indeed and is plenty loud enough for small gigs on it's own. The effects sound great and as they are built in don't cause any of the balancing issues that external stom boxes can. Also you only need one power socket to powere your amp and effects pedals!

ilikekfc
    this amp is the best amp i have ever tried, if you can get one at a good price, get it, i cant believe how good this thing is.
    320dd5df
    I bought one of these from Craigslist for $100. After a few months it started cutting in and out. I took it to my repair shop and they fixed all the soldering that went bad. For a $150 in repairs, this thing rocks like you would not believe. I am so glad to have this amp, I don't need any foot pedals anymore. I have the foot pedal that came with it and I can get any sound I want out of it.